Training in NY Catskills? Corona mission

PPL747

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Good evening, since warnings about school and businesses possible shutdown, I fear that sitting at home without anything to wake up for might be even more dangerous for me then the actual virus, so I'm thinking if it time to complete my PPL training. Does anyone know of a flight club/ CFI/ flight school in Sullivan county area? As well do you think that if the spread continues Instructors will still agree to do training or they might all stay at home?
Thank you

I’m based at KMSV and don’t know if any flight schools there or CFI’s for that matter. Sullivan Co is a nice airport with a 6,200’ runway and a mechanic on the field. There have been on/off talks to get a flight school there, but nothing ever materialized.

Orange County, KMGJ has flight training and there are rentals and CFI’s at Cherry Ridge PA.

Many years ago I took some lessons at MSV with a CFI which if I remember his name was Nick he had his own piper, but tried to find out recently if he's still around and wasn't able. If you'll know of any CFI's in the area please let me know. Ty

Fly with Kate out of Ellenville. She runs a flight training school there, short drive or flight from Sullivan.

Many years ago I took some lessons at MSV with a CFI which if I remember his name was Nick he had his own piper, but tried to find out recently if he's still around and wasn't able. If you'll know of any CFI's in the area please let me know. Ty
I think you may be referring to Neil Korman. He gave scenic rides and lessons at MSV. He had a piper warrior. I got my private rating with him about 15 years ago.

@PPL747 , would you share where you went with your plans at the end?
Did anything work out for you?

Back