Training again

mcukier

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mcukier
Hey all -

After a three year break, I got up again today. Man oh man was it sweet! I did my initial 12 hours on a 172, now training on an Archer III. Got up and did some stalls and slow flight, not to mention reacclimating myself to radio, pilotage, etc. Fully handled the pattern, but I definitely got a bit of help on the landing... Which was fine by me, I needed it!

It felt great to be back up there... Looking forward to posting some more!

Thanks guys!

I was really pleased with my flying. I mean, I only had 12 or so hours to begin with... and hadn't flown in 3 years... so I didn't have much to work with. That being said, I feel like I nailed my slowflight and my stalls after a quick review with each.

It helped that the air was just smooth as silk.... always makes things a lot more pleasant. Next flight will be steep turns and departure stalls... pumped. I'm already dreaming of my solo.... which probably won't be for another few months, but never hurts to dream :)

I was also REALLY impressed with the Archer. I found it to be a really nice plane -- I was all gung ho about the 172, but the Archer III was pretty impressive. It was a bit of an adjustment looking out the side on a low wing vs a high wing... but that's about it. My chief complaint with the Archer is the single door. I mean... that's just silly and a bit annoying. And... I can't help but think that it's not the safest thing in the world to have only one door....

Back