Traffic Plane Lands on Highway

>I'm not at all surprised that this happened.

ok, I'll bite. Why are you not surprised?

As I was sitting in the terminal in Wichita yesterday morning, this "story" was live on Fox Noise. The only part I really heard was their "expert" saying "accidents like this are almost always a result of poor planning by the pilot that leads to fuel starvation. That's really the only explanation is that he ran out of gas.":mad2::incazzato:

Wonder what he hit to prang the nose gear like that.

Hmmm if this was in Illinois I'd say he hit one of those toll way potholes :D

Now the real question is, did he call the radio station back to inform them of the traffic backup on Route 495 caused by a small plane emergency landing.

As I was sitting in the terminal in Wichita yesterday morning, this "story" was live on Fox Noise. The only part I really heard was their "expert" saying "accidents like this are almost always a result of poor planning by the pilot that leads to fuel starvation. That's really the only explanation is that he ran out of gas.":mad2::incazzato:

From the Boston Globe:

The pilot had been practicing stalls -- slowing down the airspeed to the point that the wings stopped giving the plane lift, said Jim Peters, an FAA spokesman.

"The engine quit as he was practicing and he couldn't restart it," Peters said. "It wouldn't be unusual for a pilot to be up there -- any pilot -- to practice. There's nothing wrong with what they were doing."

Back