Trade motorcycle for PPL?

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Hey, if any instructors with a plane in the Oshkosh region are interested, the guy I brought the dog up to OSH for mentioned he would like to trade his 2010 Buell Ulysses (approx value $7500) with 7600 miles for PPL training.

Anyone interested?

image.jpg

Though I'm not personally interested, I have to ask....is he looking for the entire thing (airplane and all, which makes $7500 a bit of a low price) or is he looking for instruction only (making $7500 pretty steep/generous)?

Though I'm not personally interested, I have to ask....is he looking for the entire thing (airplane and all, which makes $7500 a bit of a low price) or is he looking for instruction only (making $7500 pretty steep/generous)?

$7500 for the plane and training seems pretty reasonable, even at 50 hrs that's $150 an hour. If a CFI owns a Cherokee or a 172 that pretty much is making $70 hr.

I sold my motorcycle on Ebay the day after I went for a discovery flight on a fat ultralight back in 2007. The sale paid for my PPL.

I sold my motorcycle on Ebay the day after I went for a discovery flight on a fat ultralight back in 2007. The sale paid for my PPL.

Seems like the route this guy should take. Sell the bike, use the money to fund training. Cash is accepted in way more places than a trade of that sort would be.

This is the most logical route, however that is a bike with a pretty small market. Regardless of what book value is, he may have a really hard time selling it for anything close to that. Sometimes it's easier to make a trade when you cant make a sale.

I had three bikes when I wanted to learn to fly. My wife flipped open the door from the kitchen to the garage and exclaimed "Looks like plenty of flying lessons right there!" :rofl:

Point taken. I sold one bike, got my PPL. Sold a second bike and got my IR.

But I got my revenge when I bought the 1/2 share in the 201. :yes:

Sounds like you did it right! Still have one bike, and get to fly. I'd say you're still winning.

Seems like the route this guy should take. Sell the bike, use the money to fund training. Cash is accepted in way more places than a trade of that sort would be.

Oh, he will, thing is barter is non taxable, everyone comes out ahead if you avoid money in the exchange of goods for services.

I had three bikes when I wanted to learn to fly. My wife flipped open the door from the kitchen to the garage and exclaimed "Looks like plenty of flying lessons right there!" :rofl:

Point taken. I sold one bike, got my PPL. Sold a second bike and got my IR.

But I got my revenge when I bought the 1/2 share in the 201. :yes:
Ha ha....:yes::rofl:

Back