trade-a-plane et al watch out

Someone click it - I can do it from a VPN connection hosted in a cloud environment. But I'd rather not. . .

It is about an airport auctioning off abandoned planes left on the property.

I took the bait . . . and I'm not in the market for any of it.
d4341c026a56650adf4e3ede2ddb825c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I sent an email: "I will be liking to purchase your aeroplane in Nairobi. Unfortunately, I am having trouble moving the necessary funds. However, I believe I have found a solution. If you will kindly give me your home address I will send you a cashier's cheque for 2000 euros over the asking price. Then if you will kindly meet me at the airport I will take delivery of the aeroplane and the 2000 euros.

If you find that objectionable, kind sir, I can credit your American Express account if you simply send me the account number.

Blessings to you,

Xxxxxx"

Oh, a plane auction in Kenya. Sounds legit.

Now if were in Nigeria....

Of course it's legit. Nairobi Wilson is one of the busiest GA airports in the world. When I landed there in 2013 as I turned onto final I was told "Continue approach, you are number 7".

I stayed on the field in a room at the aeroclub for about a week, a very cool place to hang out!

There were planes parked *everywhere* so I'm not surprised they need to make some space.

All of you who did not click that first link, take a "good job!" out of petty cash!

No offense meant to OP, but tinyurl links aren't safe and not clicking them is the right cyber security reaction.

Back