Toyota recall and Car Dealers

How should I handle the Ford Dealer's Crisis email?

• Ignore it

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Reply with a list of all Ford Safety recalls in the last 20 years

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Forward this to Ford corporate and express my disappointment as a Ford owner

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Sell the F-150 and buy a couple of Toyotas while the "resale value is low"

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • None of the above -- I'll post my option

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, it worked very well. I was contacted by marketing managers form North America level on down, expressing apology, etc, etc.

I am glad to hear this.

Ford (and, for that matter, GM and Chrysler) must succeed or fail on the strength of their product, and they are dooing very well in this regard; the last thing they need now is dealers using old-time cheesy tactics and having those actions harm the brand.

I am glad to hear this.

Ford (and, for that matter, GM and Chrysler) must succeed or fail on the strength of their product, and they are dooing very well in this regard; the last thing they need now is dealers using old-time cheesy tactics and having those actions harm the brand.

Precisely, and I conveyed the same to each one of the managers/owners that called.

I own a Ford F-150 and have been a happy customer.

Update:

I emailed Ford's marketing department.

Had a reply from National Marketing Director, then Regional Director (with follow up phone call), and then Dealership owner, each apologizing profusely.

Apparently the Internet marketing Manager is doing another job for the dealership.

I told them all that was not my intent -- but they claimed I wasn't the only one to "be offended."

I corrected them -- I wasn't "offended" (a snivelling, pointless, pseudo-pious, whimpy term), I was annoyed and later really annoyed that I continued to receive emails after I'd asked to be removed from the distribution list.

I actually held back on emailing Ford management until I found yet another email reply in my inbox Monday morning.

Well, I think you made a positive impact.

Me? I would have said "Two words, jackass -- Ford Pinto"

Back