Tourette's Syndrome.

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I found a YouTube content creater who suffers from Tourette's Syndrome. Amongs the various thing she posts, she works to provide information about what Tourette's is and what the rest us need to know to support and accept folks who have it.

That got me wondering if Tourette's is disqualifying for an FAA third class.

@bbchien or @lbfjrmd

Nothing about Tourette's in the "have you ever..." questions on MedExpress, so as long as you're not medicated for it...

It's often associated with ADHD or OCD, though.

Nothing about Tourette's in the "have you ever..." questions on MedExpress, so as long as you're not medicated for it...

Not specifically, but there is also the "other illness" question in 18x.

I found a YouTube content creater who suffers from Tourette's Syndrome. Amongs the various thing she posts, she works to provide information about what Tourette's is and what the rest us need to know to support and accept folks who have it.

That got me wondering if Tourette's is disqualifying for an FAA third class.

@bbchien or @lbfjrmd
Depends on with what it's associated, and how disruptive it is....

Of the few Tourette’s pts I have they are often on meds that are FAA “no go meds” to control their issues. Usually there are not only vocal tics... but others that could be an issue-excessive blinking, honking(snorting), head shaking- which all get worse with any stressor btw. Not sure the cockpit is a real stress free environment. Like all things though there are degrees of severity. There is usually a higher incidence of other psychiatric diagnoses that overlap.

Almost all pilots have vocal ticks... {Uncontrolled airport} *Cuts someone off on final*-> $&@%#~€£?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back