Touch Up Paint

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
In the automotive world, one can obtain small quantities of touch up paint for their car or truck, often in a container that has an applicator attatched.

Does the same exist in the GA world? 55WB has some spots on it where paint has either flaked off or was "beaten" off with flying debris and we can see the bare aluminum underneath.

Talking with our club president, there is interest to obtaining and applying touch up paint to not only improve the look, but keep any corrosion at bay.

A local autobody paint supply house matched paint for me beautifully.

The color codes are in the aircraft logs, and I brought in an access panel for them to match.

A local autobody paint supply house matched paint for me beautifully.

The color codes are in the aircraft logs, and I brought in an access panel for them to match.

We just take a panel, doesn't take much fading of the paint for the color code to be nearly useless.

Take a panel to the local paint store (auto), and have them "shoot" it with their photo spectrometer, They'll be able to come up with a good match.
Just remember, a brush touch-up will not be a "seamless" repair, but will serve to make the chip, or scratch, less noticable, and protect it from the elements.

Back