Total Lunar Eclipse Sat 3 Mar at moonrise

JRitt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JRitt
There is going to be a total lunar eclipse on Sat at moon rise. We are supposed to have partly cloudy skies so I may not be able to get photos of it for my sons science fair project next year. If anybody caould get some good photos of it I would greatly appreciate it. Check out the viewing times here. http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2007Mar03T.GIF

Whats with that chart? You need a degree to figure that one out. I could possibly take pictures here, hasn't been a cloud in years out here. What time would I expect it?

Whats with that chart? You need a degree to figure that one out. I could possibly take pictures here, hasn't been a cloud in years out here. What time would I expect it?
01:10 ut I think that is 18:10 your local time (6:10pm) and it should last about 37min. BTW it is safe (unlike a solar eclipse) to look directly at it. I am going to try to get at least 4 pics showing before and each 25% of the crossing. Any photos would be great.

It's supposed to be overcast and possibly rain/snow showers. No eclipse for me unless I can climb above the clouds.
Anyone got a plane I could use? Oh, and a rated cloudbuster would be nice too.

Hey John i have the plane ,just no rating ,sucks to be us .
Dave G

The sky was clear here, but the eclipse was beyond totality when the moon rose, so I only got to watch the last half. I had intended to be in the air for a view from higher up, but it took longer than I expected to clear the snow from the ramp to my hangar and then a cable on my powertow broke.

I was shopping, and totally forgot about it until I was driving home, and saw just how big the moon was. I had just missed it.

I got a pretty good view of it tonight. Completely forgot about it until we had to run some errands at the grocery store. Both my wife and daughter saw it first, approx 25% chunk taken out of the moon. Didn't last very long and didn't have the camera with me.

Got to see most of it , as I was at a friends, having an outdoor BBQ... They didn't even know it was happening till they saw me keep looking at the sky...
It was reasonably impressive, but very light outside as it began, and really clear near the end... and afterwards, the moon was so clear and impressive!

Back