Tornadoes everywhere

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Rainy and wet for a week here in N. TX and finally a payoff. I am so sick of the rain but I love a good storm. Very erie out here tight now. Sirens going off (I can hear 3 right now)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150510_142031.jpg
    20150510_142031.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 242
Take a look at that photo again and guess which guy isn't using chem lawn.

Major activity passed over me at 1420 .... High winds and heavy rain. Reports of funnel clouds passed over area... Unconfirmed touch down at UNT and Golden Triangle Mall.

All safe at my house now. Located near I-35E and hwy 377

Last edited:
Reverse the image and it would look more like a California neighborhood these days.

Wonder what the Skew-T woulda looked like.

Looks like another round coming.

Very ominous out

Rainy and wet for a week here in N. TX and finally a payoff. I am so sick of the rain but I love a good storm. Very erie out here tight now. Sirens going off (I can hear 3 right now)

attachment.php

Hell...

That is VFR weather in Wyoming....:yes:........:D...
Hope all you guys stay safe... That is some UGLY looking skies...:yikes::hairraise:

Thanks a lot.... We are getting the left overs out here. Everything is flooding.

Glad you guys are safe. I posted a warning in the severe weather thread but I doubted you would see - tornado sirens are way more effective than an internet post.

day1otlk_2000.gif

Glad you guys are safe. I posted a warning in the severe weather thread but I doubted you would see - tornado sirens are way more effective than an internet post.

day1otlk_2000.gif

I'm right in the middle of that red path through AR. All we have had is downpour after downpour with lighting. Since Friday. We are so water logged it's crazy. But I guess that's better than what TX panhandle has been seeing.

Oh wow. How much of the DFW area was affected? I have family all up and down the Dallas area from McKinney to Irving.

watching a Supercell as it marches toward Dallas. yikes! Y'all stay safe!

Oh wow. How much of the DFW area was affected? I have family all up and down the Dallas area from McKinney to Irving.

It is a line moving almost due north (a little east) all of the DFW metro area is dealing with it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tmp_552-Screenshot_2015-05-10-17-00-0842430021.png
    tmp_552-Screenshot_2015-05-10-17-00-0842430021.png
    674.4 KB · Views: 178
Rains in Juneau constantly, but we never get sky's that look like that. Lived here 20 years and I can count the number of times on one hand that I have seen lighting. Stay safe.

Miss those crazy storms since I moved up to Chicago from Cincinnati. Nothing like a tornado warning-induced adrenaline rush! Hope everyone fared safely!

-Andrew

Miss those crazy storms since I moved up to Chicago from Cincinnati. Nothing like a tornado warning-induced adrenaline rush! Hope everyone fared safely!

-Andrew

Nah man, it is just bodies as far as the eye can see.
Horrific.

Ok not true.
It cleared up and is just raining now.

Looks like nice and clear, flying weather tomorrow and then more storms the rest of the week.

Over here on the Plano/Allen/McKinney side of the Metroplex it has rained like crazy since Thursday night. That being said, flooding in the area has been limited.

The East Fork of the Trinity River in McKinney is out of its banks, as is Sister Grove Creek feeding into Lake Lavon. Even though the Corp of Engineers has the dam gates passing 1,700 cubic feet per second, Lavon has gone up almost two feet since Thursday.

The western sky was beginning to clear up as the sun went down, so I think that's gonna be the last of the rain fro now. There is more rain forecast for Tuesday through Thursday.

Over here on the Plano/Allen/McKinney side of the Metroplex it has rained like crazy since Thursday night. That being said, flooding in the area has been limited.

The East Fork of the Trinity River in McKinney is out of its banks, as is Sister Grove Creek feeding into Lake Lavon. Even though the Corp of Engineers has the dam gates passing 1,700 cubic feet per second, Lavon has gone up almost two feet since Thursday.

The western sky was beginning to clear up as the sun went down, so I think that's gonna be the last of the rain fro now. There is more rain forecast for Tuesday through Thursday

That will certainly help the drought in Texas.....:yes::yes:

The western sky was beginning to clear up as the sun went down, so I think that's gonna be the last of the rain fro now. There is more rain forecast for Tuesday through Thursday.

Our boat has been hanging over dirt for almost 3 years at Cedar Creek. It has 5 feet of water under it today.

I was talking with my father tonight who had talked to my grandmother (in the Allen area), and apparently she was saying there was enough rain that they're experiencing flooding.

That will certainly help the drought in Texas.....:yes::yes:

Lakes that were around 35-45% full are now three to five feet over 100% levels. Lake Lavon has gone up fourteen feet since January 1st. The level went up 1.4 feet in the last 24 hours!

In College Station the drought's been over for a couple of years. Landscapers are booked out for months doing french drains because everybody's yards are soggy swamps.

What are these thunderstorms, rain and tornado things y'all are talking about?

J/K...hope all in the middle of that stuff are OK.

What are these thunderstorms, rain and tornado things y'all are talking about?

J/K...hope all in the middle of that stuff are OK.

Pretty sure this was the result of a sharknado
This was a few miles west of here

The only dangerous weather we have is the grey, it will bore you to death.

day1otlk_2000.gif

Happy to see the Detroit area in the ENH-area... :yikes:;) We have very 'interesting' weather currently and several tornado warnings out there...

I'm down by San Antonio and it amazes me how our weather is so different from yours. I hope you are all safe.

Back