Torn rotor cuff

U

Unregistered

Had a torn rotor cuff repaired last Aug. what info do I need from my surgeon when I renew my second class medical this spring? I have made a full recovery and have been off pain meds since early Oct.

Thanks

(I'm not an AME)

fwiw, in 2006 I had surgery to repair my diaphragm. I had a copy of the surgery report and letters from the doctor conducting the post-op examinations in the months following the surgery. When the doctor basically kicked me loose from additional followup exams I made sure his final letter indicated that he knew of no reason why this injury would prevent me from flying.

I gave copies of all this stuff to my AME at my next medical. The new medical was issued, a basic non-event.

Good luck

Troy (aka TangoWhiskey) who occasionally frequents this board had that surgery done last summer. If he doesn't post to the thread, send him a PM with your questions.

I called my AME right after my surgery in '06 (couldn't call him before, the surgery was scheduled on an urgent basis, but I called a few days after). My AME is a nice guy, but he seemed to not care much for the call/question. But maybe I didn't read his tone of voice correctly because of the pain drugs I was using...

Called my AME, his office help wasn't much help.

Hmmm..... there's a clue there about you talked to the wrong individual(s).

If you can get the AME him/herself, then call AOPA's pilot information center, and see if you can't talk with Gary Crump or one of his staff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back