Top 25 Coolest Airplanes Ever

I ain't buyin that list.....:no:.....:nonod:....

There is NO Zenith 801.....:sad::sad::sad:

Typical ridiculous FLYING list.

The Taylor Aerocar is Soooo cool that it has been for sale for over a year and no one wants it.

Typical ridiculous FLYING list.

The Taylor Aerocar is Soooo cool that it has been for sale for over a year and no one wants it.

I want it, but the asking price is a bit higher than I'm willing to pay. ;-)

Does it fly?

Ah, yes. That is a cool airplane.

Wow, that Messerschmitt me 163 komet is kinda cool. I'd love to have a scaled down, version of that plane. Is there a kit available by chance? :goofy:

If they are going to include Space Shuttles and rocket/jet packs, they should have included the Saturn V. Go big or go home.

SR-22, Eclipse Jet, Gulfstream 650 and Carbon Cub have no place on such a list. J3 Cub belongs on the list. F4-U Corsair and P-51 too.

I agree, Starship or Piaggio Avanti should be on this list however I am glad there are no typical WWII like P-51 'nostalgia' aircraft there. Nostalgia don't necessarily equates with 'cool'.

Last edited:
This list would be much more plausible if it were titled "Top 25 Most Interesting Airplanes Ever", but even then, some of the choices were just give aways to Flying's advertisers. Top Coolest? No.

Agree with Concorde but NO Starship !!! WTF

Yeah, I'm with the rest of you. not my top 25 by any stretch. The Cirrus is just now catching up with the performance of the 70s Bonanza TC. it's made of plastic, and has a chute - big whoop.

Rutan was well represented but no Eze aircraft? No RV? Aerostar?

Hmmmmmm...

If there's no XB-70 Valkyrie, it's not a cool list.

If there's no XB-70 Valkyrie, it's not a cool list.
I totally agree. It was my favorite childhood plane. Looking at the real thing was special when I went to Dayton.

If your going to include the Space Shuttle....the Millennium Falcon should have been on that list!!!

Back