Too much smoke!

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
I was flying into BOI ( Boise Id.) last week and some guy ahead of me couldn't find the runway. They made me change my heading to give him more room to look for the airport. He finally found it with some help from approach. Then approach asked me if I had a visual on the airport. Well not from out here, but I told him where I was and he told me to contact the tower, and by the time I had turned the tower freq. I did have a visual on the runways. The smoke from the local fires was something. Only about two miles visability. I hope they get all of these fires put out. Bob

We had similar problems with the fire in south Georgia. It brought havoc on the ground as well as dropped visibility considerably around Atlanta and much of the southeast.

Shoot, it's about the same here in NC but it's just haze - I can't wait for it to lift, otherwise I'll be out 5G's for an IR :D

Not that I would complain all that much about it............

Billy

Shoot, it's about the same here in NC but it's just haze - I can't wait for it to lift, otherwise I'll be out 5G's for an IR :D

Not that I would complain all that much about it............ Billy
Ah, Billy, it HAS been a long time since ya been flying on a regular basis down here, I see!

The haze, she don't lift! Well, maybe in De-freaking-cember, MAYbe!! :D

Ah, Billy, it HAS been a long time since ya been flying on a regular basis down here, I see!

The haze, she don't lift! Well, maybe in De-freaking-cember, MAYbe!! :D
It's all that pipe smoking by Mr. Detective, here! :)

Back