Too good to be true?

It has been a discussion, from time to time, within some of the barbecue circles. I've tried it, it's nothing like the real thing, but if you want bacon out of life, but want to retain bacon "flavor", then this is currently closer than Gimme Lean! or any other similar "bacon" product.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Just use turkey bacon. It's totally the same. ;)

It has been a discussion, from time to time, within some of the barbecue circles. I've tried it, it's nothing like the real thing, but if you want bacon out of life, but want to retain bacon "flavor", then this is currently closer than Gimme Lean! or any other similar "bacon" product.

Cheers,

-Andrew
I have tried several vegi-bacon and Kosher-bacon things and none of them even come close to the taste of real bacon. I may have to try this to see how close it is.

BaconSalt and Baconnaise are from the same company.

I got some bottles of the Peppered Bacon Salt from Woot. They have it fairly often during Woot-Offs.

I'm using it on eggs and it's good. I'll try it on burgers and steaks.

The stuff cakes up something awful in the shaker.

Last edited:
Anything that's not bacon is too good to be true. See the flow chart:

baconflowchart.jpg

The problem with bacon salt is that it lacks one important ingredient that makes food taste good: fat.

Fat and salt: the two things that that make food taste good! :hairraise: (and are guaranteed to raise blood pressure).

I have tried several vegi-bacon and Kosher-bacon things and none of them even come close to the taste of real bacon. I may have to try this to see how close it is.

Ask Henning what happens when you are N days into a trip but only planned enough meals for N-X days...

Sometimes you have to get creative.

One morning I handed up a plate of "bacon" and eggs to the skipper - he looked at it for a moment and said "Wait, we didn't bring any bacon".:no:

I had cut up some extra lunchmeat and fried it.

And sometimes the entertainment is in seeing what you can get away with.:devil:

Bacon salt is for amateurs. You need some of this:

squeeze.jpg

Just 'cause of you, Scott, I fried up a cheeseburger for lunch with my Peppered Bacon Salt and ....Turkey Bacon.

I liked.

How much you want to bet the girl in that picture is actually a vegetarian?

I like bacon so much I wrapped my Thanksgiving turkey in it. It really was something to look forward to.

Back