Too funny not to share.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I've known this girl for about 2-1/2 years and she has a 5 year old daughter who LOVES flying and everything airplanes. So, I am like the coolest guy in the world to this little girl - since I own my own plane and everything. Well, yesterday the little girl was in the "What would Eddie do?" mode, and her mom told me about what happened yesterday.

"What do you want to drink for breakfast, orange juice or milk?"
"Well, what would Eddie drink?"
"He would have what ever you had."

"What color shirt do you want to wear today?"
"What color shirt would Eddie wear?"

This went on ad nauseum.

Well, the mom's dad was in town for the holidays and the three of them went to the store to get who knows what. The grandpa spoils the 5 year old quite a bit, as most grandparents do, and so at the store he asked if she wanted a bouncy ball. Mom rolls her eyes because I guess the five year old already has a bunch, but grandpa buys her one out of the 50 cent vending machines at the front of the store.
"Ewww, this ball is blue, that's a boys color."
"No, you're not getting another one, you already have a bunch, be happy you got that one."

After the shopping is done and on the way home, the youngest is holding her ball, looking at it and asks mom another question.

"Mom?"
"What?"
"Um, do you think that Eddie has blue balls?"

Mom start laughing so hard she starts crying, but the grandpa, who isn't around much is totally shocked that a 5 year old would know what blue balls is and snaps, "What are you teaching her?!?! What did you say??!?!" Mom starts laughing even harder, and the five year old now thinking she is in trouble tries to pass the blame, even though she has no idea what she really said, so she start "ummming" and "uhhhhing" and comes back with,

"Well, I, uh, just thought that maybe mommy gave Eddie blue balls."

I had tears in my eyes when she told me this.
(It did get straightened out with grandpa, who I guess never saw the color ball she got out of the machine.)

OMG - that's too funny. Kids are awesome.

best part: "I, uh, just thought that mommy gave Eddie blue balls."

She is now in her 20's so this was a long time ago...

My wife at the time, or I would drive our 18 month old toddler to daycare. One of the roads we took was Mianus road.

We'd talk to Emily sort of stream of consciousness as we drove along, waiting for the caffeine to kick in. One day I said "here we are on Mianus Road".

She replied No! This is Mommy's anus road!

Nearly lost it in the bushes.....

-Skip

Back