Tony Scarpelli - bad news to report

Condolences to the family, he always offered good advice on the boards about aircraft ownership. May his family honor his life and celebrate.

Lol, some of that advice was a bit on the frugal side of 'best industry practices':lol:, you want to exercise caution with some of it. Tony was a friend and a good man, but I wouldn't maintain a plane the way he did. I had to do two repairs to keep his plane going on that trip. :lol:

Last edited:
Damn - went with Active once to go talk Comanches . . . . we chatted often online. Never said a word . . . .darn, one of the good ones. . . .

There is a Comanche Turbo for sale . . . . and an Archer.

Sad.

RIP Tony. I enjoyed his posts. That really sucks. I hope at least it was quick.

I only learned about this because of Matthew's post today in Hangar Talk. I remember Tony's posts here and didn't know he was sick either. Very sorry to hear this. :(

Well, dang it! I had no idea he was sick either. I ran across him last year at the Twin Cessna convention in the vendor display area. I flew with him once in his Comanche soon after he got it. That was an exciting flight, to say the least. He had some unconventional viewpoints, but was generally very nice and genuine.

RIP Tony.

Back