tonneau covers

I've had to RetraxPRO XR. Pricy but I like that it's one hand open / close, bed stays pretty dry (not 100% waterproof), and it's lockable at any location. I was hauling my elk tent into the mountains and the ridgepoles stuck out of the bed. Just closed the cover as much as possible and locked it there.

My buddy sells them. I've had an Access Cover brand from him and wouldn't buy anything else in the roll up market.

I haven’t been accused of “ghetto” since my rusted out ‘72 Olds 88 with a 455/4-barrel, but I have been accused of “Beverly Hillbillies” with my pickup. :rolleyes:

I didn't call you ghetto, but your velcro cover is much higher on the ghetto list than dave's tarp any day.

My truck came with a fiberglass cover on it. It's awesome most of the time, and has been great for not needing to load/unload bunches of tools/materials when remodeling the rental properties. Even standing, or putting a ladder on top of the cover is nice once in a while.
When I do need it off, it's a bit of a pain with one person. Two, not bad at all.
I did rig up 4 straps in the garage to lift it and drive in/out from under it which makes it much better. But subsequently filled the garage up with much needed junk that I should get rid of, so....

I have a Rev Industries tri-fold hard cover on my Colorado. It is basically the Chevy-sold version of the Bakflip MX4. Took less than an hour to self-install, and I've been very happy with it. The part that I like the best is I can fold it up against the back window easily and have full access to the bed.

I’ve been dealing with truck covers since the early ‘90s. I’ve always owned a truck, and always had a cover on the bed. The soft ones don’t last more than 2-3 years, and freezing temps cause functionality issues. Bed access and weather-proofness were important factors for me.

With that, I’ve had exclusively BakFlip covers for the last 10 years. Nothing beats it. Yeah, they’re $1,000 or more, but you get what you pay for. While you’re at it, get a spray-in bedliner. Having tried several types over the years, Line-X has been my go-to for the last decade as well.

I’ve been dealing with truck covers since the early ‘90s. I’ve always owned a truck, and always had a cover on the bed. The soft ones don’t last more than 2-3 years, and freezing temps cause functionality issues. Bed access and weather-proofness were important factors for me.
I was not expecting mine to last as well as it has. Almost 12 years now, in -20 winters and 100+ summers, and it's pretty much never been parked inside the whole time. It lives outside in the weather year round and does not get babied. The cover is still 100% intact -- seals up tight, Velcro on the sides still works, not stretched out, not sagging, no rips or tears or worn spots, it's not even faded. I've been very, very impressed with it. I've seen some pretty ratty soft covers, but Truxedo makes a really good one.

Soft roll-up. Seems to keep the light 70 inches of rain enough out of the bed. I think if I was going today I'd have gotten one of the soft toppers to clear taller stuff in the bed but be able to get it out of the way when I need it.

Back