Tommorow is looking good...

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Forecasts are calling for 5-600 fpm up to cloudbase at 7-8000 feet. Light winds out of the northwest. Overcast development is called for but hopefully i can work around that. Would be nice to get some good distance and with that kind of lift easily get silver altitude gain (1000 m) and distance (about 60 km), maybe duration (5 hrs). Lets hope so, im getting excited!

tonycondon said:
Forecasts are calling for 5-600 fpm up to cloudbase at 7-8000 feet. Light winds out of the northwest. Overcast development is called for but hopefully i can work around that. Would be nice to get some good distance and with that kind of lift easily get silver altitude gain (1000 m) and distance (about 60 km), maybe duration (5 hrs). Lets hope so, im getting excited!

It will be nice tomorrow here in the middlewest. I am just worried that I am flying to where it is going to be less than nice tomorrow. Hope I can make my flight to NC in a resonable time. Forecast is 80% rain with thundershowers at the destination. Improving as the night progresses though.

ya good luck w/that scott. nice sized front sitting on the east coast, should get some good actual.

tonycondon said:
ya good luck w/that scott. nice sized front sitting on the east coast, should get some good actual.

I don't mind the actual but I don't want to be around any embedded T-Storm. This will be the first time I think I will really have to depend on the storm scope.

smigaldi said:
It will be nice tomorrow here in the middlewest. I am just worried that I am flying to where it is going to be less than nice tomorrow. Hope I can make my flight to NC in a resonable time. Forecast is 80% rain with thundershowers at the destination. Improving as the night progresses though.

I flew to KILM & back this morning. The build-ups were impressive in size but really didn't have much lift in them. The front coming thru might change that some as they combine and start to move eastward. I cancelled my trip to IAD for today (Friday, 2-Jun-2006) because of that stinkin' front. I'd been looking forward to the trip for a couple weeks now. We would have made it in without a problem in the morning, but trying to get back to RDU in the afternoon would have been foolish. Anyone in the VA/DC area care to confirm ? :)

well i didnt get to fly. I thought my parents were cool with me only coming home sunday and flying saturday, but got my mind changed for me friday evening. Have reports from the club in Ames with gliders at 8200 AGL! wouldve been a great day, oh well next time i guess.

Back