Toll Free Telephone Numbers

When you need a product or service, does "they have a toll free phone number" even enter into your buying decision anymore?

If your clientele includes blue hairs, then yes. The concept of free long distance doesn't seem to register across their demographic. Otherwise, its a thing of the past.

I set my desk phone to send 800-555-1212 and called my cell phone and got 8005551212XXX where XXX is my internal extension number. I'm still hunting for the damn checkbox that someone turned on that's triggering that.

We're replacing the whole system in a month so I have to decide what priority to put on fixing it on gear that will be gone soon. :)
What type of PBX do you have?

What type of PBX do you have?

A horrible piece of crap called a Vertical WavePoint. We're looking at Avaya and SwitchVox and leaning toward a fairly nice offer on a turnkey Avaya deal.

We have staff that could do a raw Asterisk build out, (and have at larger companies in big scale), but we're pulled too many different directions to do it properly at this place. We'll have to go a route that brings in some bodies to babysit the cut-over. Too small a call center to have a dedicated telecom person, too big to try to hack something together in a weekend. :)

But any of the typical modern systems not fed by analog lines, can do it. T1 or SIP, most any carrier can allow setting your own CID/ANI data on an outbound call.

Back