Toilets on small twins...

Get a VacuFlush type system. Way less hassle and problems.

The boat is a 26' Chaparral open bow, so the VacuFlush install would have been a hassle considering it isn't really used that much. The stock head had a hand pump, so I added the electric flush valve. It was a good upgrade. Those hand pumps are a pain in the azz. The 40 gallon holding tank is adequate for lake trips.

I did another upgrade, I replaced the stock Mercruiser 496HO 375HP /Bravo III with a 540CI 675HP/Bravo IXR. It has a Merlin iron block, AFR aluminum heads, forged crank, pistons and rods, etc, etc.

The nicest aspect of the engine is the drivability. My builder purchased an Arizona Speed and Marine EFI manifold, split it in half and modified it, then welded it back together. He installed 80 lb/hr injectors and a larger throttle body too. It's all managed by a Delco MEFI 4 ECU with a custom map.

It idles and drives like the stock Mercruiser package, but when I ask it for max performance it gets there in a hurry. Top speed is a little over 70 MPH, which is pretty good for a family bow rider. :D

Off topic but it's sorta relevant because next to the airplane a boat is an impressive money destroyer.

The boat is a 26' Chaparral open bow, so the VacuFlush install would have been a hassle considering it isn't really used that much. The stock head had a hand pump, so I added the electric flush valve. It was a good upgrade. Those hand pumps are a pain in the azz. The 40 gallon holding tank is adequate for lake trips.

I did another upgrade, I replaced the stock Mercruiser 496HO 375HP /Bravo III with a 540CI 675HP/Bravo IXR. It has a Merlin iron block, AFR aluminum heads, forged crank, pistons and rods, etc, etc.

The nicest aspect of the engine is the drivability. My builder purchased an Arizona Speed and Marine EFI manifold, split it in half and modified it, then welded it back together. He installed 80 lb/hr injectors and a larger throttle body too. It's all managed by a Delco MEFI 4 ECU with a custom map.

It idles and drives like the stock Mercruiser package, but when I ask it for max performance it gets there in a hurry. Top speed is a little over 70 MPH, which is pretty good for a family bow rider. :D

Off topic but it's sorta relevant because next to the airplane a boat is an impressive money destroyer.

You don't even have a clue as to how much money a boat can eat .:rofl::rofl::rofl: I might have one of your boats on deck as a tender.:lol:;) Boats can put airplanes to shame as money eaters. Heck, if you look at a $/nm basis.:eek:

You don't even have a clue as to how much money a boat can eat .:rofl::rofl::rofl: I might have one of your boats on deck as a tender.:lol:;) Boats can put airplanes to shame as money eaters. Heck, if you look at a $/nm basis.:eek:

Oh, I know. The scalability isn't linear, either. Buying something then placing it in an environment that is trying to destroy it tends to run up the bills. :D

Ha ha, this is a hilarious very serious at the same time. When nature calls, it CALLS. I actually even consider this a safety issue, as the strong urge to relief himself will quite likely also induce the highest form of landeritis.

While my wife does not seem to have a problems with this, at least not on 2 – 3 hours long flights, I have to admit however, that I often feel the need to go quite a bit earlier. We haven’t used them yet, but for emergencies we bought a set of TravelJohns. They are cheap, small, lightweight, don’t spill and can be used by men and women:
4a546b79ed94a

I don’t know how you do this, but I can’t imagine to utilize our Saratoga’s endurance of 5+ hours, while staying hydrated, without using a bathroom along the way!? Gladly, the Saratoga is wide enough to craw from the front- to the rear seats, what allows to have some privacy, if nature calls, assuming it is just the two of us in the plane. The room in the rear will also make it easier for my wife to do her thing. Actually, it would be roomy enough to use one of these folding camping toilet kits or a potti:
highlander-campaloo-economy-field-toilet.jpg

By the way: I have no idea how a woman should use a TravelJohn in a cramped 172 or PA-28 cockpit, not to speak of hitting a Gatorade bottle!? Same thing with the ‘modified’ flight bag for job #2!?

Same thing with the ‘modified’ flight bag for job #2!?
I already know that my flight bag is very airtight when zipped up. Forgot a banana in it for 3 weeks in the 110 degree weather here in Texas last summer. Didn't know all 3 weeks until I pulled the zipper on the bag and got a face-full.

So it's good to know that in case of a #2 emergency, there's a convenient and airtight container handy. (not sure how I'd do with a Zip-loc or plastic trash bag)
Now what I would do with it after landing, I am not entirely sure. Believe me, a brief idea ran through my mind that I could hand it to the line guy to "dispose of it" .... :D :eek: :nono:
(I figure I'd have to leave a big tip ... ;) )

On a King Air 350, we were on a 3+ hour flight on our return trip, and a young lady went and dropped heat in the toilet. Unfortunately, the manual shutoff valve had been left closed during our stay, and it wouldn't flush. The look on her face when she knew she had to tell on herself was priceless.

Someday, you're gonna get a prescription for something that suddenly (when you least expect) triggers the "gotta go NOW!" response.
When you get it as you enter the pattern, it'll give the term "greaser" a whole new meaning!

I know this has been discussed here before, but I was talking to some friends who mentioned adding toilets to a 340 and Duke. My question is, where the hell do they go? I've been on both aircraft and don't recall there being much room...do they come at the expense of a passenger seat? Confused...lol

This is just begging for photoshop.

Having piloted commuter turboprops on two hour legs, I have seen several variations on how to handle these situations. Of course, I've seen folks covering themselves up as they left the plane.

FYI, please double up the sick sacks:yikes:

Back