Today's TSA fail brought to you at MKE

I love the way you guys have of skewering the TSA. I laugh at those comments almost every day.

In all seriousness, if the TSA doesn't have better hiring standards than the 3rd shift guy at what-a-crappy-burger, than the best technology in the world isn't going to help.

Then there's their boss, Janet - "The System Worked," Napolitano. She belongs right where she is. You can't fix stupid.

I love that Ron White sense of hilarious.

Last edited:
Realistically - how does a shotgun shell endanger a plane... really?

The TSA appears ridiculous, because the TSA *is* ridiculous - in its mission and in the execution thereof.

You obviously don't understand all the ramifications of the issue. Janet Nofriggincluebro would point out that there's no way to know if an accomplice had smuggled a shotgun on board.

Realistically - how does a shotgun shell endanger a plane... really?

The TSA appears ridiculous, because the TSA *is* ridiculous - in its mission and in the execution thereof.

I was flying from Austin to Duluth, MN one time and on the return trip, they found a box of .45 rounds in my dad's carry on. They made it through Austin, through the re entry to the secured area in Minneapolis, and back through Duluth before being found in Minneapolis on the second try. Man, these guys are good.

I was flying from Austin to Duluth, MN one time and on the return trip, they found a box of .45 rounds in my dad's carry on. They made it through Austin, through the re entry to the secured area in Minneapolis, and back through Duluth before being found in Minneapolis on the second try. Man, these guys are good.
Even worse than that I once flew from Japan to Dallas to Ft. Lauderdale with a tube of toothpaste in my carry on that was greater than 3 oz! Luckily the plane made it safely and no one aboard was injured.

Even worse than that I once flew from Japan to Dallas to Ft. Lauderdale with a tube of toothpaste in my carry on that was greater than 3 oz! Luckily the plane made it safely and no one aboard was injured.
Oh, you're not supposed to do that?

I always seem to forget my greater than 3 oz toothpaste in my bag. Not like they ever find it. Well, they did once out of 50 flights or so....

They were able to detect my 2.4 g (yes that's g not oz) of temporary dental cement... :rolleyes:

They were able to detect my 2.4 g (yes that's g not oz) of temporary dental cement... :rolleyes:

That's the part that amazes me. I've gone through security with bottles of Dr. Pepper that they missed, but then every now and then some overzealous x-ray machine operator will discover something that's been in my backpack for years, and apparently is not allowed.

It amazes me that with all the screw-ups people are still tolerating this, or even requesting more.

That's the part that amazes me. I've gone through security with bottles of Dr. Pepper that they missed, but then every now and then some overzealous x-ray machine operator will discover something that's been in my backpack for years, and apparently is not allowed.
Actually it was allowed since they gave it back after they discovered what it was. I think it was suspicious since it's in the shape of an X-acto blade but it's soft and squishy. Now that I think about it I don't think it had been through the x-ray machine before.

Actually it was allowed since they gave it back after they discovered what it was. I think it was suspicious since it's in the shape of an X-acto blade but it's soft and squishy. Now that I think about it I don't think it had been through the x-ray machine before.

Oh, I was referring to things in my backpack that had been there for years, not your dental cement. :)

I can't remember the items in question, but I recall the TSA folks at San Antonio were the ones who found stuff most often. The funny thing was that that same backpack when through them on multiple trips, with things that were in there each trip. Sometimes they found nothing, sometimes they found something.

So, I guess if you combine the very low odds of being involved in a terrorist attack on a plane with the odds that the TSA will actually find something illegal, you would have a real good chance of not being in a terrorist attack? But mostly because the actual odds of being in a terrorist attack are so low methinks.

I sure as hell wouldn't pony up that I might be carrying something prohibited or even possibly prohibited. If I were that paraniod about it, I'd be doubly sure the eyeball the contents of my carry-on BEFORE I entered the secured area.
Are people that desperate for attention that they expose themselves in public? Maybe people need a wakeup call. Mandatory 5 year jail terms for illegal or prohibited goods.

I sure as hell wouldn't pony up that I might be carrying something prohibited or even possibly prohibited. If I were that paraniod about it, I'd be doubly sure the eyeball the contents of my carry-on BEFORE I entered the secured area.
Are people that desperate for attention that they expose themselves in public? Maybe people need a wakeup call. Mandatory 5 year jail terms for illegal or prohibited goods.

How about mandatory 10 year terms for people proposing... um..

Back