Today's theft (and screw-up) brought to you by TSA....

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Bet the inspector to whom the wand was assigned ends up like the inspector who put the bag of powder in the UofM student's bag as a joke -- unemployed.

The problem with TSA is it's so huge, it MUST necessarily employ a good %-age from the left end of the curve. A good # of people live at the LEFT end of the curve.

A few years ago, arriving at Chicago from Heathrow, my husband's heavy gold chain was stolen. It was of significant sentimental value and was of a chain link style, very heavy - we figured at today's prices it would've cost at least $3000 to replace. Anyway, he had it on right before we stepped through security. Put it in his bag for the scan. We got separated through the screening process, but I remember looking back and seeing the scanner pull the bag off and say "we have to look at this again" and mumbled something about a camera. At the time I thought it was odd but in the usual hustle and bustle of security, I didn't give it any further thought. It wasn't until we were on the plane heading home that he realized the chain was gone. I could never get my husband to file the forms for a claim, but I'll never forget that screener's face. I'm convinced he took it when he pulled the bag off the belt, but we'll never know for sure.

Sheesh... at least "back in the day", when the most likely thing was some bag-handler stealing stuff out of checked luggage, the thieves had enough sense to not leave a calling card in the bag. More outrageous, to me, than the thievery is the stupidity, which seems rampant in the TSA.
More outrageous still is the possibility that this was arrogance ("yeah it was us, whatcha gonna do about it?"), rather than stupidity... that also seems rampant in the TSA.

I don't take my eyes off of my bags. They pull it off the conveyor, I watch 'em like a hawk. I do not trust anyone in those lines, TSA or passengers.

I don't take my eyes off of my bags. They pull it off the conveyor, I watch 'em like a hawk. I do not trust anyone in those lines, TSA or passengers.
Yep..and I'll delay running the laptop or bag with the good stuff through until I can walk through the magnetometer or virtual strip-search machine so it's not sitting very long unattended by me.

Yup. And I've made a couple of TSA screeners mad with me because I won't go through the metal detector until my bag(s) disappear inside the machine.

Shoes & coat/jacket first, laptop, laptop bag, rollaboard. In that order.

It is a sad state of affairs that the general traveling public have to safegaurd their belonging against the very people who are paid to keep us safe and honest....:mad3::mad3:

If I recall correctly both Richard Reed, the origibnal shoe bomber and now this underwear bomber were both subdued by regular passengers. Neither fflight had air marshal on board...... How much do you want to bet some fraudulant air marshals probably billed the TSA for his/ her presence on one or both flights.:yesnod:

But you can rest assured the TSA will not admit to any of that stuff.:nonod::nonod:

FRIGGIN CROOKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back