today's radar

grattonja

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
saratoga driver
Anyone else watching the national radar this afternoon? Not a good day to go from the east coast to points west, I am thinking. I have to get my inlaws from S37 back to BWI tomorrow mid-day, and hope this stuff gets through by then.

That is the longest strong line of storms that I have seen in some time. It seems to reach from Maine to Texas in an almost unbroken line. I do hope it settles down the scorching weather we all are having.

Anyone up picking through that weather with radar/stormscope etc? I am glad I am not.

Jim G

grattonja said:
Anyone else watching the national radar this afternoon? Not a good day to go from the east coast to points west, I am thinking. I have to get my inlaws from S37 back to BWI tomorrow mid-day, and hope this stuff gets through by then.

That is the longest strong line of storms that I have seen in some time. It seems to reach from Maine to Texas in an almost unbroken line. I do hope it settles down the scorching weather we all are having.

Anyone up picking through that weather with radar/stormscope etc? I am glad I am not.

Jim G

Jim. Your getting the same strong Cold Front that took us from 105F to 63F. You'll probably lose 15 - 20F, but it should be nice for flying and doing anything else for that matter. But, your are correct, beware the boomers!

Jim: I have been watching the weather VERY VERY intently. I have a lot more at stake than just flying. Last Thursday, that's right a week ago tomorrow, the AC in my house went Kaput! The motor fried and its only 9 y/o. The HVAC company can't get the part and had to order it from Iowa, so it won''t get fixed until Friday,Ugh! So belive me when I say I'm following this front .It should pass through the Philly area around 11:00 PM- Midnight tonight probably about 10:00 PM out by you. It is supposed to bring temps down by 20-30 degrees F. Please oh Please let it be so. Heavy TS tonight but great flying weather tomorrow.
FWIW the DA @ KLOM was 2300 yesterday at 7:15 P.M. The DA in my Den was 3800 @ 7:15 P.M and the temp and DA in my Bedroom on the second floor was 94F (no shi*,) and 7400 @ 11:00P.M. and I live at 301' MSL:mad:

Why lookit all them purty colors! That must mean it's gonna git downright bee-yootiful later this afternoon...

AdamZ said:
Jim: I have been watching the weather VERY VERY intently. I have a lot more at stake than just flying. Last Thursday, that's right a week ago tomorrow, the AC in my house went Kaput! The motor fried and its only 9 y/o. The HVAC company can't get the part and had to order it from Iowa, so it won''t get fixed until Friday,Ugh! So belive me when I say I'm following this front .It should pass through the Philly area around 11:00 PM- Midnight tonight probably about 10:00 PM out by you. It is supposed to bring temps down by 20-30 degrees F. Please oh Please let it be so. Heavy TS tonight but great flying weather tomorrow.
FWIW the DA @ KLOM was 2300 yesterday at 7:15 P.M. The DA in my Den was 3800 @ 7:15 P.M and the temp and DA in my Bedroom on the second floor was 94F (no shi*,) and 7400 @ 11:00P.M. and I live at 301' MSL:mad:

I flew the Champ at 10:30 am yesterday out of S37. DA was reported at LNS then as 1900. Gave the Champ a good run for it's money.

No fun for you w/o ac. Yikes. Sounds like we are gonna get some relief for you in the next few hours. And I thought I had it bad with the in-laws here :D

Jim G

Jim: If I had the inlaws here in this heat w/o AC I'd be needing your services. Heh Heh Heh!

AdamZ said:
Jim: If I had the inlaws here in this heat w/o AC I'd be needing your services. Heh Heh Heh!

I prefer alcohol. They are moving closer. They have been in Colorado and are now going to be 10 minutes away :hairraise: At least I get on well with them, and my father in law has some interest in aviation. They found a house and next month they will move out here. I hope the weather cooperates to get them back to BWI, so that I don't have to drive that trip tomorrow.

I hope you get your ac fixed soon, Adam. I would not want a 7400 foot density altitude in my house. That is a bad way to practice density altitude calculations.

Later.

Jim G

Hey Jim they should have a radar that tracks an inlaws movement toward you.

Blue = Far away, :)D )
Green = closer, :)confused: )
Yellow= encroaching on your turf,:)( )
Orange=LOCK THE DOOR! :)eek: )
Red= Your Scr3wed they have moved in.:)hairraise: )

Oh I kill me LOL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's your real serious frontal line fed by the easterly flow of moist air off the hurricane/tropical storm out in the Atlantic. If you put it on the national loop, you can see it developing along of the front starting about 11 am EDT and getting really intense as it goes. Looks like it will hit here about 8 or 9 tonight.

Last edited:
Ron Levy said:
That's your real serious frontal line fed by the easterly flow of moist air off the hurricane/tropical storm out in the Atlantic. If you put it on the national loop, you can see it developing along of the front starting about 11 am EDT and getting really intense as it goes. Looks like it will hit here about 8 or 9 tonight.

Interesting that it kind of blew over somewhat by the time it got to central PA. I expected more out of it, but all we really saw overhead were some cells of what was left. Still, would not have wanted to be in it in a skyhawk.

Jim G

grattonja said:
Interesting that it kind of blew over somewhat by the time it got to central PA. I expected more out of it, but all we really saw overhead were some cells of what was left. Still, would not have wanted to be in it in a skyhawk.

Jim G
We got clobbered in northern Chester County. Power was out for almost 24 hours!

Back