Today's flights..

Walter233

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Walter
Woke up this morning at 9, and headed over to the airport at 10:30, where we were just opening up shop at our glider club for today. Did an array of stuff before I got into the air (Had to wait for another tow pilot, as my instructor (And also the only other available tow pilot) wanted to check me out for Runway 19R (Which is only 550 feet long, which we had to use because Runway 19 - 01 was closed for seeding.) So, I did some ground crew stuff. When I did get up I had flights today, all in the 2-33
The first and second flights were dual to check me out for Runway 19R (Which is only about 550 feet long), both turned out good, and I landed right over my aiming point both time. So for the next flight I went solo. As I was passing through 1,000 AGL on tow there was consistant 500+ FPM up which kind of suprised me as it had been completely overcast since 1:30PM , so I got off at 2,400 AGL. I ventured out to the East, only to be greeted by some harsh 1,000 FPM sink... As I approached 1,500 AGL (1,900MSL), I found some 0 sink that turned into 100, then 200 FPM up, as I headed northwest, it soon turned to 400, then 500 as I climbed up to 3,100 AGL, avoiding two birds that came close. Found some 100-200 FPM lift, when I realized the radio had died.. So I stayed up about another 18 minutes, then set up for the pattern and then landing for 19R. Had 39 minutes that flight. All in all, a great day at the airport, and hoping for some better lift next weekend!:yesnod:

Last edited:
Woke up this morning at 9, and headed over to the airport at 10:30, where we were just opening up shop at our glider club for today. Did an array of stuff before I got into the air (Had to wait for another tow pilot, as my instructor (And also the only other available tow pilot) wanted to check me out for Runway 19R (Which is only 550 feet long, which we had to use because Runway 19 - 01 was closed for seeding.) So, I did some ground crew stuff. When I did get up I had flights today, all in the 2-33
The first and second flights were dual to check me out for Runway 19R (Which is only about 550 feet long), both turned out good, and I landed right over my aiming point both time. So for the next flight I went solo. As I was passing through 1,000 AGL on tow there was consistant 500+ FPM up which kind of suprised me as it had been completely overcast since 1:30PM , so I got off at 2,400 AGL. I ventured out to the East, only to be greeted by some harsh 1,000 FPM sink... As I approached 1,500 AGL (1,900MSL), I found some 0 sink that turned into 100, then 200 FPM up, as I headed northwest, it soon turned to 400, then 500 as I climbed up to 3,100 AGL, avoiding two birds that came close. Found some 100-200 FPM lift, when I realized the radio had died.. So I stayed up about another 18 minutes, then set up for the pattern and then landing for 19R. Had 39 minutes that flight. All in all, a great day at the airport, and hoping for some better lift next weekend!:yesnod:
Nothing like the start of "glidering" season! Sounds like it was a good day.

I was towing today :( ... Sunny and in the low 80s, lift to 9000MSL,
2.7hrs on the tach, 14 tows.

Nothing like the start of "glidering" season! Sounds like it was a good day.

Yup, it was a great day, I just wish I would of stayed up a bit longer as I found some strong lift passing below 2,000AGL..

I was towing today :( ... Sunny and in the low 80s, lift to 9000MSL,
2.7hrs on the tach, 14 tows.

Ah, that sucks, hope you can get up when the lift is good!

Arrgh you guys are killing me. The WX really sucked all weekend here, so no flying 'til next weekend :-(

Nice to see that someone is enjoying good weather ans is soaring though.

Back