Today was great...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Took my wife from OLM to 0S9 for lunch at the Spruce Goose Cafe. The only thing available was the old C-172H with a climb pitch prop (can you spell S L O W?), but it has wings and an engine and works well. Flew up, had lunch and on the flight home I looked over and, is this real?, her eyes were closed. Looked again, and they were still closed. Reached over and waved my hand up and down in front of her and no reaction. Shortly afterwards her chin hit her chest. Yippee! She's getting comfortable in the plane again! Says she knew where we were on the chart when she drifted off and again when she woke up. Somehow, I believe that.

Oh, and when I stopped at the FBO for gas when we got home I saw the club's Arrow in the shop getting its new interior (along with the annual inspection). That is going to look sweet when it's done. Sure hope it doesn't weigh more than the old (original - it's a 1969 model) interior so we don't take a payload hit.

Ghery said:
Took my wife from OLM to 0S9 for lunch at the Spruce Goose Cafe. The only thing available was the old C-172H with a climb pitch prop (can you spell S L O W?), but it has wings and an engine and works well. Flew up, had lunch and on the flight home I looked over and, is this real?, her eyes were closed. Looked again, and they were still closed. Reached over and waved my hand up and down in front of her and no reaction. Shortly afterwards her chin hit her chest. Yippee! She's getting comfortable in the plane again! Says she knew where we were on the chart when she drifted off and again when she woke up. Somehow, I believe that.

Oh, and when I stopped at the FBO for gas when we got home I saw the club's Arrow in the shop getting its new interior (along with the annual inspection). That is going to look sweet when it's done. Sure hope it doesn't weigh more than the old (original - it's a 1969 model) interior so we don't take a payload hit.

Nice day for you guys!

I miss our club's ol' STOL SkyHawk that had the works plus the climb prop. It's up in Alaska now. It was replaced by the plane we flew Saturday, at the oposite end of the spectrum, with the fastest cruise for a stock C172 I've ever seen. The extra 20 knots or so can be nice, but with so many great landing sites within an hour's flight from BFI, I'll generally take the slower speed aircraft if it comes with STOL!

It is great when the wife will go along and enjoy your hobby. Mine didn't for about 15 years and I am glad she does now. We have flown to Illinois a couple of times and had a great time. Sounds like a grand time you two had.

Ghery said:

It's only 5 minutes to hop over to 76S from the Spruce Goose. Stop by the next time your up.

Jefferson county -D-> C V V VOR, and 062 radial for a mile.

Back