Today @ KJQF

AWACSEng

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
Saw a rare sight today at Concord Regional. Pretty cool! Glad it's flying again/still.

Attachments

• trim.x4K55g.MOV
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
  • trim.PtIqp6.MOV
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
I got to see it last week at PDK. Very cool to see something like that still flying. Kudos to the folks at the CAF.

That said, I was very disappointed with their promotion of the event. Crowds were very weak. Never saw anything on the local media. Heck, I work there and the first time I found out about it was when I turned off the runway and saw them setting up barricades in preparation for it's arrival. I really think someone dropped the ball.

I just happened upon this myself. We were passing through. I think it was there as part of the festivities at the race in Charlotte this weekend. There were a handful of other warbirds, including 5 P-51s, a T-6, and a few other WWII era airplanes.

That's my point. If you look at their website, you see that JQF is a scheduled tour stop. It doesn't seem like they do a very good job promoting the tour because the locals don't know any thing about it.

I'm right down the road at EQY, and had no idea they were in town. Really disappointed I didn't get to see it.

Very nice story. But they still missed an opportunity by not adding a "If you would like to the B-29 up close, it will be on display out at PDK".

I wasn't there round the clock, but was there on and off each day, and saw very light attendance.

Back