Today is the day....

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
....that the soon-to-be-X and I will be sitting down with our litigators.:( I strongely suspect that tomorrow I will have a humdinger of a headache, and a much higher pitched voice. :drink::(

I think I understand now what someone must feel like on their way to the gallows.

Take her swimming off the coast. Bring chum.

N2212R said:
Take her swimming off the coast. Bring chum.

Ed, That's a rude remark! Unless you know more then what's posted here, your just assuming it's all her fault, usually it's an equal failing on both parts that leads to unresolvable diffrences.

Sorry to hear about it Frank, It sounds like your not satisfied that it can't be resloved in another manner... but it takes two and if she's done there is no way for you alone to find an alternative solution. Unfortunatly both parties need to make the decision to find another way, but it takes only one to decide that there is no other way. Hope the untangling is as painless as possible.

Missa

Last edited:
HPNFlyGirl said:
Women are EVIL.....BEWARE!!!!! well except me. :)
hahaha. I've heard that one before...You are all the same...

Missa said:
Ed, That's a rude remark! Unless you know more then what's posted here, your just assuming it's all her fault, usually it's an equal failing on both parts that leads to unresolvable diffrences.

It's always the woman's fault.

Missa said:
Ed, That's a rude remark!
Missa

Come on Missa, Ed was just giving Frank our POA friend a little chuckle as a mean of support. Did not see any thing critical of what Brooke Said. Take a deep breath!

Now Frank as an attorney who used to do some domestic work ( but found my sanity and stopped) I'll let you in on a little secret of the legal professsion.

Do you know why divorce is so expensive?

Because its worth it!!:rolleyes:

Frank best of luck in these battles I just tell clients pick the hill thats worth dying for and don't shed much blood on the others. My thoughts are with you.

Sorry you're going through that, Frank. BTDT myself, unfortunately, though we settled amicably without any legal fireworks.

Good luck!

Evidently NO ONE on here works with an office full of women? They all gang up on each other....they are very clickish. There for women are evil. Except me...bc I keep to myself at work.

How did it turn out Frank?

HPNFlyGirl said:
How did it turn out Frank?

Well...not nearly as bad as I had thought. We had already agreed on most issues, so it was largely just formalizing the agreement. We only had one major point of contention and we came to terms on that one fairly painlessly. The really hard part in this, at least for me, is how do I put the last 27 years in context? I just haven't figured out yet how to emotionally process the nature and extent of this, and other, rather drastic changes in my life. I dunno. It may be a fools errand trying to figure out why life turns the way it does sometimes. Fishing! Now there's an idea! I think I'm goning to go fishing in the morning. Humidity is low, and the skies are clear and the Reds are running. Something about a clear cool morning in the pounding surf that can really clear ones mind. Like my man Jimmy Buffett said...."I got to stop wishin, I got to go fishin, I'm down to rock bottom again..."

Frank Browne said:
The really hard part in this, at least for me, is how do I put the last 27 years in context? I just haven't figured out yet how to emotionally process the nature and extent of this, and other, rather drastic changes in my life. I dunno. It may be a fools errand trying to figure out why life turns the way it does sometimes.
Frank, these transition times are tough. I've been divorced twice and they were both bittersweet eras in my life. The sense of freedom is combined with the sense of loss in a time of confusion and re-evaluation. Friends and family certainly helped to make the process less painful.

The last thing my ex-husband said to me as we parted ways..."Your next man had better be a pilot too".

Frank Browne said:
Fishing! Now there's an idea! I think I'm goning to go fishing in the morning. Humidity is low, and the skies are clear and the Reds are running. Something about a clear cool morning in the pounding surf that can really clear ones mind. Like my man Jimmy Buffett said...."I got to stop wishin, I got to go fishin, I'm down to rock bottom again..."
There ya go! Do things that feel good to you. And don't forget that you have friends here willing to listen, and to help. :)

Transition can be a ***ch, Frank. BTDT. The key is to take care of #1, and that's you. The last thing Her Majesty(the former) said to me before heading for Fort Lauderdale was, "That was a hell of a concert. I lived in Georgia for 10 years and hate it, but your 'Georgia On My Mind' was my favorite of your program."

Oh, that statement was just recently. She had flown up from Florida for my performance. I might also note that she moved South in the late 80s and was totally incommunicado for 12 years. It's amazing how, many years later, messages came back about, "If I had it to do, again, I'd have made different decisions and in less haste." Life is a roller coaster.

Be well, Frank, and catch many fish. There's more than one in the proverbial sea.

HR

Re: women:

My wife came back from being a counsellor/chaperone at a junior high-age church camp one time, walked in, put her bags down, and kissed both our boys. Then exclaimed, "They're ALL on perpetual PMS!!"

I didn't argue...:rolleyes:

One thing I know without a doubt: I married someone who is not compatible with me; but then, had I married anyone else, she too would have not been compatible...Trust me--I know.

I do wish the best for you, Frank--and also for your soon-to-be-ex. :fcross:

Jim

Diana said:
And don't forget that you have friends here willing to listen, and to help. :)

Yes Diana, I do. That realization is what overcame my initial reluctance to posting this thread. And thanks to all for your encouragement and support. This really is a great group of people here! :yes:

See, Frank, the deal is that not only is hindsight 20-20, it's also fixed focus - so stuff doesn't really become clear until you've got some distance on it. That's ok, 'cause you've got stuff to do during that time period anyway - things like healing and having fun, and like paying attention to how you're feeling about all this mess (which is really the most important, 'cause if you don't pay attention to the feelings and let them happen, you end up getting stuck in them.) In situations like this, we're GOING to feel the stuff that comes up, one way or the other. We just get the choice to do it now, or be all screwed up for years, and then feel it later. But it's going to be felt, so might as well get it over with! :)

Gonna be ok. It'll take longer than you want, but will happen quicker than you think.

Call if you want - I'll PM you my phone number, if you don't already have it.

Frank Browne said:
The really hard part in this, at least for me, is how do I put the last 27 years in context? I just haven't figured out yet how to emotionally process the nature and extent of this, and other, rather drastic changes in my life.

As Diana said, the transition is hard. BTDT. It's bittersweet, though sometimes it's best to get all the change done at once.

Don't think for a moment that you won't look back on some things fondly, or wonder "what if". That's natural. And you'll slowly get on with your life and do better. Mine didn't last 27 years, much shorter, but still painful. I look back now sometimes and wonder, but quickly realize that what's now is now and you can't go back.

Good luck, Frank...

Frank Browne said:
....that the soon-to-be-X and I will be sitting down with our litigators.:( I strongely suspect that tomorrow I will have a humdinger of a headache, and a much higher pitched voice. :drink::(

I think I understand now what someone must feel like on their way to the gallows.

Your situation has put not only you but me in a bit of a quandry as well Frank, because I do not know whether to be more concerned for your local fish or for the single womens!

Back