Today in History (non aviation)

ausrere

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
I saw this in my "Today in History" files today... and it caught me by surprise. Dayum...I'm feeling old.:eek: I remember thinking he died too dang young:

One hundred years ago, on May 26, 1907, actor John Wayne was born Marion Morrison in Winterset, Iowa.

I saw this in my "Today in History" files today... and it caught me by surprise. Dayum...I'm feeling old.:eek: I remember thinking he died too dang young:

One hundred years ago, on May 26, 1907, actor John Wayne was born Marion Morrison in Winterset, Iowa.

100 years is not that long ago when you really think about it.

That fact occurred to me when I realized that my mom had seen US Civil War veterans in the flesh and the last one died in the 1950's

yea they're having a big party in Winterset, IA this weekend to celebrate. His birthplace home is there, now houses the only museum solely dedicated to The Duke.

I spent much of my childhood weekends on the farm with my grandparents. Every evening grandpa watched a different John Wayne movie. I hated it then, but now I love watching the movies.

Not quite as earth-shaking, but I saw a VW Bug today with Antique Vehicle plates on it. Man, I feel old!

Not quite as earth-shaking, but I saw a VW Bug today with Antique Vehicle plates on it. Man, I feel old!

How about when you find a paper from high school and it's yellow and dried out and tattered, and the font looks very strange. It was typewritten, and the font wasn't proportional.

I remember later when PCs and printers and you as coder had to figure out how to deal with proportional fonts.

You kids GET OFF MY LAWN!

Back