To answer your request

David_L_Wilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
David L Wilson
Don't jump all over me. Several people asked that I post the 1st chapter of "Dogs Don't Fly" in PDF on my website. Your request has been granted.

I think that is right nice of you, and for that, I thank you.

I like how you encourage the kids in the Forward about how to get started flying--go to the airport and watch planes, talk to pilots--and that their dreams can come true.

Neat, too, the way you personify animals as characters. The kids will like that, especially the younger ones.

I just got the autographed free copy you sent me (thanks!) and will try to read the rest of it soon.

I have to ask you to look again at the % of pilots in that article....0.008% - just wondered if you got a decimal off - no biggie but I know you'd want to be as accurate as possible.

What happened to "the mighty 150 and the Darkened Sky"?

I have to ask you to look again at the % of pilots in that article....0.008% - just wondered if you got a decimal off - no biggie but I know you'd want to be as accurate as possible.

Here ya go. I have other stories on my Youthinaviatoin website.

Attachments

• The Mighty 150 and the Darkened Skies.pdf
    6 KB · Views: 10

AOPA says less than 600,000 private pilots active. The population of the USA is roughly 304,060,000. That works out to 0.002% of the general population. I would say it is difficult to pinpoint it exactly but either number makes a good point. Being a pilot is special.

AOPA says less than 600,000 private pilots active. The population of the USA is roughly 304,060,000. That works out to 0.002% of the general population. I would say it is difficult to pinpoint it exactly but either number makes a good point. Being a pilot is special.

I believe that calculation works out to approximately 0.2%.

Trapper John

..and to check your work

You guys are correct, it is 2%. Unfortunatly I cannot change the text in my book that has already been published per my contract. Sorry for the goof. It was a big one. Lucky for me kids are lousy in math.

You can fix it when the next revision is edited and published.

Agreed. BTW I am glad you guys are enjoying my story. I used to write a lot of flying stories like the one I posted for "Letgoflying" They are quite humorous and written when I was a much less experianced pilot. The rest of the stories are on my youthinaviation web site. You may enjoy them.

You guys are correct, it is 2%. Unfortunatly I cannot change the text in my book that has already been published per my contract. Sorry for the goof. It was a big one. Lucky for me kids are lousy in math.

Don't get it wrong on the 2nd edition. It's POINT 2, not 2, percent! 0.2%

hehe This thread reminded me of this gem....

hilarious pete, and scary. glad i just went with monthly unlimited data!

Wow, that was funny (the Verizon math thing). I can understand his being frustrated.

Re: Verizon math...a difference of opinion....[FACEPALM]

It looks like 29 people have read the Introduction and 1st chapter. That is great! Thank you to those who have posted a positive comment.

Remember, I still have books I am willing to give away.

3 books given away free, including postage so far. I am happy people are getting a chance to read the book. 52 have read the intro and first chapter.

"Some Dogs Fly" is in the final stages of publishing.

My horror novel "And The Citadel Fell" is being edited (by me) and will be sent to the publisher soon.

Back