To all you A&P's

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
After buying the new (old) 172 and doing some of the work myself with the watchful eye of my A&P, I have come to the conclussion that you all are GODS and under-appreciated. In my younger days, I worked for a catapiler dealer and worked on heavy equipment. Big stuff is much easier to work on than in the cramped spaces where the aviation engineers decided to put stuff! You have to be triple jointed and bend backwards to get into some of those places. So...if you haven't taken your A&P out for lunch, you need to.:yes:

As a long time A&P/IA it isn’t very often someone pats us mechanic types on the back. I would be willing to buy you lunch just for saying what you did. I think aviation mechanic are under appreciated in our industry. Little know fact is for a A&P to receive a certificate we train for at least 1900-hours before the FAA gives us our license (certificate) to learn. And we are dam proud of that certificate.

And for HPNFlyGirl, I mentor new students all the time. Make you dream come true. The best award I ever received was called the “Knuckle Buster Award”, its something you earn from your peers and the award says it all.

Stache

Stache, I acutally was accepted into a 2 yr college here in NC, but my schedule changed when I was at FedEx and I couldnt go to school. But it is still on my list of things to do aviation wise. Getting my PPL is the 1st thing though.

And when the time comes for a mentor I will keep you in mind.

Dean said:
After buying the new (old) 172 and doing some of the work myself with the watchful eye of my A&P, I have come to the conclussion that you all are GODS and under-appreciated. In my younger days, I worked for a catapiler dealer and worked on heavy equipment. Big stuff is much easier to work on than in the cramped spaces where the aviation engineers decided to put stuff! You have to be triple jointed and bend backwards to get into some of those places. So...if you haven't taken your A&P out for lunch, you need to.:yes:

The average A&P has always been, and continues to be, more valuable than the average pilot.

I hand delivered a case of beer to the shop where I did my comm. Besides telling me my CFI was an idiot they all let me know that whenever I had a question on mx and log entries I should come see them anytime instead of getting bad intel from the crackpot CFIs.

They said my CFI was an idiot because the squawks he'd write up were absolutely incredible. Things like, windscreen needs cleaning....and worse. He's the guy that wrote up the Janitrol heater in the semenhole because he couldn't get it to work. (he didn't know about the reset up front) He also blew up the batt in a seneca because he hooked up the APU bass ackwards.

I've bought dinner for two for different A&Ps several times.

And the triple jointed elbow still needs a fully articulated U-joint socket adapter.

Last edited:
that just made my day, almost worth the price of getting an A&P just so that i can be associated with the person that made you so happy. Thanks

oh, its always been a love-hate relationship. love ya when you get me back in the air. hate ya when the bill shows up! :D tc

tom clark said:
oh, its always been a love-hate relationship. love ya when you get me back in the air. hate ya when the bill shows up! :D tc

Bill?, You guys charge? mine works for peanuts, on good days I give him the chocolate coverd ones!:D

Back