TnG's in retractable gear aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do three checks for gear down and locked, and only three: VFR abeam the numbers, hand comes off handle when gear down confirmed with 3 green and one in the mirror, Then after wings level on base, then again wings level on final.

That's going to be interesting with that fancy new continuous turn to final thing that UND is pushing as safer. Hehehe. Ducking.

In a twin, no chance. Someone died here in FL doing a T&G in a light twin solo. Very bad idea.

We do not do T&G in the Seminole. Too damn much to go wrong.

I'm always impressed when I see the military folk doing T&G in their KC-135s and even 747s though. That's impressive.

Someone posted a video elsewhere of one of the VCs painted up as AF1 doing T&Gs somewhere today.

That may not be too harsh for you, but the MC does not welcome posts about beating people senseless or breaking their fingers.

The "Internet tough guy persona" is reserved for MC use. Hahahaha. :p

When practicing instrument approaches in my R182 I cycle the gear at FAF. If I'm going to stay in the pattern I do not.
I see no reason the cycle the hydraulic pump so frequently.

Your post was deleted because it quoted a post that was removed for being in violation of the rules of conduct. Your post would have been deleted even if you had taken the opposite position.
Ok. My apologies then. I don't remember seeing anything in the post I quoted as something that would be in violation of the rules, but then I can't remember. Sorry for jumping to conclusions... Mea culpa.

Ok. My apologies then. I don't remember seeing anything in the post I quoted as something that would be in violation of the rules, but then I can't remember. Sorry for jumping to conclusions... Mea culpa.

Apparently one must be careful when pointing out that another member's direct actions that he posted created danger for the pilot of the aircraft the OP was riding in when he acted stupid. It's OK to criticize the action, just do not apply adjectives to the dumb@ss himself . . . Lesson learned, and now shared with you! ;)

One day I was looking out the window of my office and noted one of the VC-25's used for AF1 go by (my office was just NE of Dulles Airport and my view is of the base leg for the 19 runways). A few minutes later it goes by again, and again, and again. What's he doing touch and goes?

One should avoid mixing the moderation role with espousing your personal opinion on the subject, particularly in the same post. It does VERY MUCH give the illusion mentioned.

There is no indication that this was flight instruction nor even that Zeldman is an instructor. It appears to be nothing more than a prank, and an extremely dangerous one at that.

The moderators are participants in the forum as well. It is worth noting that we do frequently participate in threads that have some sort of action taken against individual posts or the thread as a whole. As Mari pointed out, this is done irrespective of whether or not the MC agrees with the position of a post. It is also worth noting that post deletion or thread deletion is not performed unilaterally, and requires the concurrence of multiple MC members. Nothing new here.

The post of mine you quoted had comments both regarding MC actions and my opinions as it relates to the thread. I'm not going to reply twice to cover both if I feel like responding to both.

As to the instruction, your opinion is there was no indication this was anything more than a prank. As an instructor, I look at it as good instruction, and I assume that Zeldman is smart enough to only do something like that when he knows that it is appropriate and/or the lesson would be taken well. I would never hop in a plane with someone I didn't know on a pleasure flight and start inducing failures just because I have a flight instructor certificate. That would be a bad idea on many levels. But if I was flying with someone where it was understood that I may perform instruction, then I think it drove home a very good point.

Dangerous? No more dangerous than killing engines or otherwise forcing students to perform go-arounds, both of which are standard in instruction, and also items that we should all be prepared for at any time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to flight planning for flying 40+ dogs in the 414 this weekend from Houston to New Hampshire.

Sorry, but your entire attitude smacks of an authoritation supression of reasonable discorse. In fact your "Ban Hammer" avatar indicates the fact that you appear to be emotionally unsuited to play the role of moderator.

Again, if you want to moderate, moderate.
If you want to express a content opinion on a threat, express content .

It's when you abuse your authority of a moderator to bolster your content authority that makes you look like a bully.

Frankly, I would expect moderators to be held to a higher standard than the average rabble here.

Sorry, but your entire attitude smacks of an authoritation supression of reasonable discorse. In fact your "Ban Hammer" avatar indicates the fact that you appear to be emotionally unsuited to play the role of moderator.

Again, if you want to moderate, moderate.
If you want to express a content opinion on a threat, express content .

It's when you abuse your authority of a moderator to bolster your content authority that makes you look like a bully.

Frankly, I would expect moderators to be held to a higher standard than the average rabble here.
Sigh...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back