TKM MX11 Weak Receive Signal

hankrausch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GoodbyePOA
This unit has been working for 4 years since I replaced the old Narco & no problems. This morning I find that I can hear the receive signal very faintly but not strong enough to hear while flying. Same on the speaker & the headphones. Any ideas? It seems as if I am hearing the demodulated signal from the antenna and that is not being amplified. I almost always use the speaker & not the headphones, volume turned up near max--could it be a blown amp? Any way to verify before sending it to a shop?

TX goes out fine.

Related, any suggestions for a good repair shop would be appreciated, this is the kind of unit I can take out and mail easily.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hank - go to TKM Michels directly for repair. They offer one of the most reasonable flat rate repair programs around (used to be $95).

http://tkmavionics.com/support/

Last edited:
Before you spend bags of cash, its probably a bad ground.

(Just kidding Jim :rofl:)

Many thanks for the info on both the repair shop and the ground--went back to the plane to remove the unit, before I did I rotated full CW and CCW the squelch, nothing happened at first and rhe volume burst in, as the saying goes problems that go away by themselves come back by themselves, but its working now!

Back