Titusville - Valiant Air Command questions

JustinD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JustinD
So I was thinking about flying down to TIX to visit the Valiant Air Command museum. I was wondering if any of you had been there? About how much time would one allot for it? Also for parking would you just park at the FBO on field or is there parking on the ramp by the museum? I would call and ask them these questions, but they are already closed for the day!

Thanks

Hey Justin, Let us know what you find out. Pilot pal & I are kicking around ideas for our annual big trip and Sun-N-Fun and the Keys is on the list again this year.

Hey Justin, Let us know what you find out. Pilot pal & I are kicking around ideas for our annual big trip and Sun-N-Fun and the Keys is on the list again this year.

I'm flying down there tomorrow so I'll let you know my experiences and recommendations!

I'm flying down there tomorrow so I'll let you know my experiences and recommendations!
Please do. I am not too far from there but have never been to the museum. It sounds like a nice little trip for us.

So I was thinking about flying down to TIX to visit the Valiant Air Command museum. I was wondering if any of you had been there? About how much time would one allot for it? Also for parking would you just park at the FBO on field or is there parking on the ramp by the museum? I would call and ask them these questions, but they are already closed for the day!

Thanks

Been there done that. It is a worthwhile museum, recommended. If you have the good fortune of flying final on on 32 you look right and you can see the whole of Cape Canaveral . Be careful don't get distracted, but your passenger will get a great view.

Cheers

So I flew down there today. You can actually park right on the museum ramp and walk right on in to the museum. When you land just tell ground you're parking on the museum ramp and they'll give you taxi directions right over to it!

We spent about 2.5 hours in the museum. Great aircraft collection split between two hangars. Then there is also a third restoration hangar you can go in as well (with a guide, but free no extra cost). It's definitely worth the trip down to check out, and the parking directly on the museum ramp made it real easy and enjoyable!

Leslie and I are headed down there tomorrow (Monday, Feb 20). We plan to be there early because we have to be back in Daytona by 1:30. They open at 9am.

If anyone else has any free time tomorrow we will be in the V-Tail Bonanza with a picture of Spider Man on the right side of the plane.

Back