Titan Tornado

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
New student who owns one of these. We'll be training in a C152. He asked a question today, and from what I see in the CFRs he may require a sign off to solo it, and that's his question as he was told that. He bought it and has never flown it. I don't think my big arse can even get in the thing, hell, a 152 is a challenge anymore.

So, anyone?

So if he removed the rear seat he wouldn't? Guess he'll have to find a "small" CFI to solo him in it.
I guess it depends on how it was certified. If you take one seat out of a 150, would it be considered a single place airplane in the eyes of the FAA?

I guess it depends on how it was certified. If you take one seat out of a 150, would it be considered a single place airplane in the eyes of the FAA?

Guess more research is in order. I know nothing of the Sport stuff.

I'm a bit lost. What certificates does this guy currently hold? Or are you starting from scratch? If so, what certificate is this guy working on?

Remember, if this guy is a student he is going to need a solo endorsement for each make and model of aircraft he is soloing. So if you're doing all the training in a C152 and sign him off for that he'll be ok in the 152 but would require additional training and an endorsement to solo the Titan.

The Titan is light sport right?

I'm a bit lost. What certificates does this guy currently hold? Or are you starting from scratch? If so, what certificate is this guy working on?

Remember, if this guy is a student he is going to need a solo endorsement for each make and model of aircraft he is soloing. So if you're doing all the training in a C152 and sign him off for that he'll be ok in the 152 but would require additional training and an endorsement to solo the Titan.

The Titan is light sport right?

Yes, he is a student pilot working on his private in a C152. He was under the impression that if he has a solo endorsement in the C152 he could solo his Titan too. Another CFI told him he'd require what you mentioned above. I couldn't give him an answer as I don't pay much attention to Sport Pilot regulations but told him I'd research it and get him an answer. From what I read in Part 61 he would require training and an endorsement as you mentioned.

Yep, he’d need a separate solo endorsement to fly it. (Each make and model)

Back