Titan Tornado feedback needed

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
I have a friend who is in the process of buying a Titan Tornado.

For the uninitiated:

tornado_s_2.jpg

Superficially, it looks similar to my Sky Arrow - tricycle gear, high-mounted engine and pusher prop, etc:

7425267044_43235b54fe.jpg

His proposed model is single seat, so there’s no real way for him to get checked out in it.

We’re flying later today so he can get a feel for the Sky Arrow*. I doubt anyone here has time in both, but has anyone owned or flown a Titan Tornado? Just looking for “gotchas” I should warn him about, or I should know about if called upon to test fly it.

Thanks in advance.

*Todays’s flight will be a pleasure flight and not instructional. That is one drawback to converting to E-LSA - it cannot be used for flight instruction (in an aircraft which that person provides) or rental.

Last edited:
I flew a two seat Tornado a couple of times. Been awhile but I remember it was pretty docile and despite having that short Hershey bar wing had a good glide ratio. Just like any high thrustline pusher it wants to go nose down when you put the power to it and nose up when you pull the power back. I think a couple of flights in the Sky Arrow would be a good idea. Don

Looks like a fun little airplane, but I'm not sure about that name. "Titan Tornado" sounds like a WWII fighter, not a sunny day round-the-patch sort of airplane.

Looks like a fun little airplane, but I'm not sure about that name. "Titan Tornado" sounds like a WWII fighter, not a sunny day round-the-patch sort of airplane.

That's what one is pretending to be anyway, right?! :rofl:

Thanks, guys!

An absolutely perfect day to tool around E TN, and he thoroughly enjoyed his introduction to the Sky Arrow.

One correction: he’s already purchased and has possession of the plane. He’s had to send out some parts for repair or modifications, so it will be at least a couple of months before he’s ready to fly it.

When I read the name Titan Tornado, my first thought was it is called that because it spins down to the ground.....:eek: :lol::lol:

Sounds like a fun little sunny day plane.!!

*Todays’s flight will be a pleasure flight and not instructional. That is one drawback to converting to E-LSA - it cannot be used for flight instruction (in an aircraft which that person provides) or rental.

I believe you're mistaken... you can instruct in your E-LSA (or any experimental), you just can't charge money for the use of the aircraft.

I’ve long thought they looked like fun little planes. I for one would like to hear a pilot report when he gets it flying.

Back