Tire Sale?

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Mindful of those bicycles in pictures of India, China, or South America. This was in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Brunswick, ME.

HR

Attachments

• DSC06976.JPG
    10.3 MB · Views: 148
  • DSC06977.JPG
    DSC06977.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 85
Mindful of those bicycles in pictures of India, China, or South America. This was in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Brunswick, ME.

HR

From the comedian Steven Wright.....

"I saw it in a cartoon once....pretty sure I can do it"

Just make sure you drive straight and don't make ANY turns!!!

Lol, yeah. In Indonesia I was amazed at what these guys would load on a scooter.

The not expertly-created lettering on the sides of the truck said "Tim's GOOD USED TIRES."

hr

My wife needs struck like that. She has had three flats this year already. Two required tire replacement.

My wife needs struck like that. She has had three flats this year already. Two required tire replacement.

I used to drive in Arkansas, you always knew you hit the state line from Missouri or Texas by the road quality. I used to need a kidney belt crossing 40 in my truck.:lol:

Plus the freeways are ALWAYS under construction here. The OK freeways aren't much better either..

Plus the freeways are ALWAYS under construction here. The OK freeways aren't much better either..

I don't care where in the **** you go on this planet, the roads are always under construction.:mad2:

Tires are expensive and difficult to dispose of. The easiest way is to find some "low overhead" operation to take them and illegally abandon them in a vacant lot somewhere in the middle of the night.

What I love are the places that rent tires for vehicles...

Tires are expensive and difficult to dispose of. The easiest way is to find some "low overhead" operation to take them and illegally abandon them in a vacant lot somewhere in the middle of the night.

At the yard, our good used tires are sold to a local used tire dealer in bulk. But since we have to pay to get rid of the ones he doesn't want, we used to use a variant of the idea above.

We have a rack on wheels with a large sign above that says "Free Tires". This would get loaded with 20-30 tires that had 20-40% tread left and wheeled outside of the gate as we locked the place up for the night. When we would return in the morning, the entire rack would be empty.

What I love are the places that rent tires for vehicles...

I've rented door mirrors and lamps so folks could pass Texas safety inspections. (customer would purchase, then return within 7-10 days and pay my restock fee)

At the yard, our good used tires are sold to a local used tire dealer in bulk. But since we have to pay to get rid of the ones he doesn't want, we used to use a variant of the idea above.

We have a rack on wheels with a large sign above that says "Free Tires". This would get loaded with 20-30 tires that had 20-40% tread left and wheeled outside of the gate as we locked the place up for the night. When we would return in the morning, the entire rack would be empty.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll remember that next time I drive through. I need about 25-30 tires to put up on my roof....

I've rented door mirrors and lamps so folks could pass Texas safety inspections. (customer would purchase, then return within 7-10 days and pay my restock fee)

Is the difference between the two really enough to make that worth their time?

Then again...I have to think about our target audience here. Perhaps the question is moot.

:confused: They get hard froze in nitrogen then run through a shredder for use in roadbed. Much better to call the county and ask where the tire disposal is.

:confused: They get hard froze in nitrogen then run through a shredder for use in roadbed. Much better to call the county and ask where the tire disposal is.

Seems to me some roads were catching fire after being built with used tires.

Seems to me some roads were catching fire after being built with used tires.

Any asphalt road can catch fire. All that stuff is is the dregs out of the bottom of the refining stack after all the lighter products were removed. It's the same thing most tire rubber is made of. :dunno: Do you mean spontaneously combusting by the heat generated from driving on it, or because a vehicle burning caught the paving on fire?

Is the difference between the two really enough to make that worth their time?

Then again...I have to think about our target audience here. Perhaps the question is moot.

For some vehicles and some vehicle owners, yeah, it was worth their bother.

But honestly, that doesn't happen that much any more.

When I lived in Sacramento there was this dude down the street who would go rent a truck, then go to all the tire repair centers or tire shops and charge half what the other guys charged to pick up the tires. He would then stack said tires all over the property he rented and lived. After filling ever usable spot he could with tires stacked 6-7' tall he would move, leaving said tires for the property owner to deal with.
He made close to 20 grand doing this at each location he lived. He was a real dirt bag. I will never forget this dude, He had the cutest wife and would have her walk the street. After she would pick up some poor dude he would rob him. What a dirt bag.

Tony

When I lived in Sacramento there was this dude down the street who would go rent a truck, then go to all the tire repair centers or tire shops and charge half what the other guys charged to pick up the tires. He would then stack said tires all over the property he rented and lived. After filling ever usable spot he could with tires stacked 6-7' tall he would move, leaving said tires for the property owner to deal with.
He made close to 20 grand doing this at each location he lived. He was a real dirt bag. I will never forget this dude, He had the cutest wife and would have her walk the street. After she would pick up some poor dude he would rob him. What a dirt bag.

I know that guy! He got his masters in business ethics (MBA) from the New England College of Business and is now the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. He was simply doing his practicum when you knew him in Sacramento. :)

HR

I'll see your Maine and raise you an Alabama.

Taken at the Jack's in Double Springs, AL this spring.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ds_small.jpg
    ds_small.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 66
I recall reading about it, but I can't find any documentation. :dunno:

If you find some, let me know, it's quite interesting. I can see the mechanism since tires heat in use, but I have smoked many a tire down and never had one catch on fire.:lol: There would have to be some interesting energy compounding action going on to catch the road on fire, that would be useful to know.

Last edited:

HR

Skid row.

(Sorry, but someone had to say it.)

Usually......the tire chips allowed in new asphalt road paving is restricted to around 15 percent. I've never heard of a road catching fire for any reason other than forest fire, volcano, maybe. Studded tires are not allowed in maryland. It was tried. They tore roads up quickly. It wasn't even argued about at the time. It was obvious.

Usually......the tire chips allowed in new asphalt road paving is restricted to around 15 percent. I've never heard of a road catching fire for any reason other than forest fire, volcano, maybe.

Yeah, I'm suspicious. I have only seen asphalt burn when I had a car catch on fire and the area around it barely would burn, and one time in a big fire in Texas there was a section of road that had caught on fire.

Ships used to use it as fuel and it needs to be boiling when it gets injected.

You must have read it on the internet. I have already told three people that it happens based on your post.

Back