time Travel?

Areeda

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Areeda
I got this error message when clicking New Posts after reading a thread
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 7 seconds.

Worked the next time.

ive been noticing it quite often lately too. best i ever got was wait for 13 seconds

For some reason that started happening yesterday. Prior to that it would make you wait the 30 seconds. But about 10am on Sunday I too started getting the weird time messages.

Please let me know if this continues. Its...unique, thats for sure.

My best time was wait 27 seconds. However I only waited about 5 hit the button agian and it worked.

12/17 at 0915 mst:

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 56 seconds.

Hmm.

Wierd.

Ok, I'll start looking into it.

I got a "wait 2 seconds", I did not record the date and time, but I think it was yesterday around noon PST.

~ Christopher

I wonder if this could be a clock problem.

Suppose the internal clock is running fast and the background time sync job resets it back. Then what we're seeing is
(time of last post before sync +5s) < (current time after sync)

Chuck - how often do you sync time and do you keep a log of corrections?

Joe

Suppose the internal clock is running fast and the background time sync job resets it back. Then what we're seeing is

Joe

It could be the flux capacitor too! ;);)

Joe

I don't, and I don't. AFAIK it's all based on web server time.

I'm also not seeing this issue.

Now it MAY be an issue with whatever server on the grid you're currently getting...

But it's very odd - it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone...

That's just ... wierd.

What kind of searches are you doing to get this weird message?

What kind of searches are you doing to get this weird message?
It happens when I hit the "New Posts" link in the blue bar at the top of the page... or the bottom.

Last edited:
Humor me. Log out, hit CTRL-F5 a couple times, then log back in. See if the problem persists...

Humor me. Log out, hit CTRL-F5 a couple times, then log back in. See if the problem persists...

I would... but then I'm not sure if I would ever get logged back in since I can't seem to remember my password. Last time I logged out it took me about 2 weeks to figure out how to get back on.... :rolleyes:

Missa,

I can have the forum send you a lost password link, which you can use to change your password to something you'll remember.

Chuck

Missa,

I can have the forum send you a lost password link, which you can use to change your password to something you'll remember.

Chuck

Yea, I know... then I have to remember what e-mail it gets sent to, have the time to log into that then go through changing the password and evidently you only have a limited time to do it before it goes dead.... which is what took me two weeks last time.... :D

At 1704 EST:
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 49 seconds.
I waited five seconds and it told me to try again in 18 seconds. I tried again in another five seconds and it told me to try again in 16 seconds. Finally, it tells me there are no new posts.

I guess Scott was running out of political pages to comment on. :D

At 1704 EST:

I waited five seconds and it told me to try again in 18 seconds. I tried again in another five seconds and it told me to try again in 16 seconds. Finally, it tells me there are no new posts.

I just got a twofer like you just described too but I only waited a second or two between then two requests. Both were for new posts and both were on Firefox

Please let me know if this continues. Its...unique, thats for sure.

Time keeps on slipping....

vBulletin Message
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 52 seconds.​

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had a seven hit count down.

Last edited:
Just now:

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 35 seconds.

Then a few seconds later:

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 18 seconds.

20 count later

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 59 seconds.

All while clicking new posts after having been inactive for probably 15 or so minutes.

I don't, and I don't. AFAIK it's all based on web server time.
Linux will timesync by default I believe. I have to investigate where the setup is, one of the options is to log the deltas.

I'm also not seeing this issue.
It certainly isn't a big percentage of the time. I don't have a clue what a repeatable sequence would be.

i just got 60, 58, and 32 seconds, respectively. pushing new posts on IE.

I got the error while browsing in FF2.0.0.11 on Vista32 with the cache disabled.

It seems almost like there is some error in how it is computing time. Have you changed versions of PHP recently? Or maybe changed vBullitn versions and it expects a different version of PHP?

I have had a bit of trouble with PHP time functions moving code from 4.x to 5.x.

~ Christopher

Now it MAY be an issue with whatever server on the grid you're currently getting...

Missed that the frist time.

If we are running on multiple servers, how closely are their clocks synchronized?

easy way to check Linux is "telnet <host> 13" if the service is running.

Joe

Is pilots of america running on multiple servers? Seems like that might kind of be overkill?

~ Christopher

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 75 seconds.

And it seems to be happening more often the last few hours. Anywhere from "wait 9 seconds" to this latest one.

Some more info for you. A short while ago I hit the new posts and got the wait 5 seconds between search message with a wait time of 2 seconds. SO I just started hammering the new posts button to see what would happen. The wait time rose with each click up to a time of 25 seconds and then started to decrease. As it counted down from 4, to 3, to 2, to 1 I wondered if it would count up or finally give me the new posts. Well after '1' it then gave me the new posts.

I'm giving up trying to read posts this morning. This is the sequence I got trying to get "New Posts" to work after spending about 5 minutes reading a post. I waited a minute or more after some of the attempts to get it to display:

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 42 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 57 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 28 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 90 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 52 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 33 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 58 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 40 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 25 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 16 seconds.

Posting is starting to get messed up now.

Go look at the Santa gets gropes thread in Spin Zone. I posted a reply and it it posted it above the first post in the thread. There were some weird errors too.

Posting is starting to get messed up now.

Go look at the Santa gets gropes thread in Spin Zone. I posted a reply and it it posted it above the first post in the thread. There were some weird errors too.

"This forum will self-destruct in 10...9...48....32....74....2....53...."

Back