Time to suspend disbelief

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
CFII is back from 737 type training. My brief two-week flirtation with VFR flying is over, and we were back to hardcore training for the test. I just can't believe I can fly NDB holds and approaches. What has happened to me? :dunno:

Next week will be DME Arcs, steep turns, and PP unusual attitude recoveries--something which gets REAL fun in the Zlin!

Way cool, eh? I think my favorite was the DME arc. Although a couple times I came in from the IAF on the other side of the arc for practice outside of the typical. That IAF was so far out it was off the plate and we swung through 120* on the arc and in some pretty snotty wx. In the time it took me to get from the IAF to the turn inbound (FAP) I had second guessed myself many times. I kept thinking we must've passed the FAP.

wangmyers said:
CFII is back from 737 type training. My brief two-week flirtation with VFR flying is over, and we were back to hardcore training for the test. I just can't believe I can fly NDB holds and approaches. What has happened to me? :dunno:

Next week will be DME Arcs, steep turns, and PP unusual attitude recoveries--something which gets REAL fun in the Zlin!
Get going, Ben. You're more than ready....

Hey any chance at Gaston's?

Richard said:
Way cool, eh? I think my favorite was the DME arc. Although a couple times I came in from the IAF on the other side of the arc for practice outside of the typical. That IAF was so far out it was off the plate and we swung through 120* on the arc and in some pretty snotty wx. In the time it took me to get from the IAF to the turn inbound (FAP) I had second guessed myself many times. I kept thinking we must've passed the FAP.

I think they're a lot of fun, too.

bbchien said:
Get going, Ben. You're more than ready....

Hey any chance at Gaston's?

Thanks, Bruce! I am really, really hoping to be able to punch clouds by the end of June. I'd love to get over to Gaston's, but I don't think it will happen this time. Just a bit too far, and all of my time and money outside of music stuff has to go to getting this IR.

Also, I'm really thinking about jumping right into the multi training.

Ben,
My "plan" is to get my commercial in a single then add the multi-engine rating soon afterward. Yes, I like the idea. I aspire to be the pilot you are now. Thanks for setting the bar high.

wangmyers said:
Thanks, Bruce! I am really, really hoping to be able to punch clouds by the end of June. I'd love to get over to Gaston's, but I don't think it will happen this time. Just a bit too far, and all of my time and money outside of music stuff has to go to getting this IR.

Also, I'm really thinking about jumping right into the multi training.
Allright. So it won't be a loss I promise you .8-1.0 of Vmc, OEI and one engine (simulated) misseds in the Seneca II. At Mountain Home. June 26th. :)

Dr. Bruce, that sounds tasty and challenging. First things first... Ben, get your IR will ya ?!?!?

bbchien said:
Allright. So it won't be a loss I promise you .8-1.0 of Vmc, OEI and one engine (simulated) misseds in the Seneca II. At Mountain Home. June 26th. :)

Dr. Bruce, one must be careful with published promises; sometimes, others gain expectations...

SCCutler said:
Dr. Bruce, one must be careful with published promises; sometimes, others gain expectations...
Disclaimer: offer made to Ben....as an incentive to make Mountain Home June 25-26. Void where prohibited by law.

jdwatson said:
Ben,
My "plan" is to get my commercial in a single then add the multi-engine rating soon afterward. Yes, I like the idea. I aspire to be the pilot you are now. Thanks for setting the bar high.
Thanks, Jeff. I talk a big game, but I'm really just trying to learn how to fly these procedures!

bbchien said:

Oh, man, sounds great! I'm going to be gone that weekend, though. I know many people don't think I exist, but I will find you one day! I think I'm just going to have to get over to Peoria!

bbchien said:
Disclaimer: offer made to Ben....as an incentive to make Mountain Home June 25-26. Void where prohibited by law.
Oh, are you talking about KMUO, the military base? LOL! We could get prior approval, I guess!

Back