Time to replace battery?

buzzard86

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim R
I have a Gill G-25 battery in my Cessna 150. Had been working nicely until the mechanic left my master on following an engine check earlier on the spring. I put it on the slow charger immediately after that and it seemed to work adequately for another 15 flight hours or so. Last week it was slow to turn the prop so I brought it home and put it back on the slow charger. It worked fine for the next flight but was nearly dead again before last night's flight. I don't have any parasitic draw that I am aware of.

Last log entry shows a replacement in January 2006. Is there anything I should try or is it simply time for replacement? If it's the latter, is this a good item to pick up at OshKosh or should I simply order from Spruce, etc.

Thanks.

Jim

Sounds like your mechanic Aaron Hernandez'd your battery

I'd replace it. Batteries that age generally do not come back from the dead when they have been completely discharged.

You got your money's worth out of it. I'm surprised it lasted that long. Time for a new one.

No idea if there are Osh discounts or not.

I know spruce will be at oskosh and if you order from them you can pick up there. I thought there was a discount, but at least no shipping.

IIRC spruce will ship batteries for free,

Time for a Concorde RG

Looks like Spruce does indeed ship batteries for free.

Do you know if the CB-25 is the Concorde equivalent of the Gill G-25? And are there any issues with replacing the Gill with a Concorde in a Cessna 150?

Jim

Looks like Spruce does indeed ship batteries for free.

Do you know if the CB-25 is the Concorde equivalent of the Gill G-25? And are there any issues with replacing the Gill with a Concorde in a Cessna 150?

Jim

Don't know about installation on a C-150, but on the Cherokee (with the battery box under the rear seats) a new battery box cover was needed. The new cover was supplied by Concord at no charge.

Gary

I'd go with the RG-25, the STC is included with the purchase.

Back