Time to join Sam's Club

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Cessna flew a new Mustang into our sleepy little airport yesterday late afternoon. Folks from Wal-Mart had been working here for a few days to remove fence, street signs, mailboxes, etc. along the route from VBT to the Wal-Mart general office. Last night about 11:00 they towed the Mustang to the GO and put it on display. Sam's Club will be offering the Mustang in their new catalog for "somewhere around $2.7 million."

Publicity stunt? Sure. But Wal-Mart gets a gold star from me for promoting general aviation (even if it is the upper end of GA). They'll tow the jet back here tonight and take it back to Wichita.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/10/07/business/100706samsclub.txt

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. Two questions:

1) Will it be at a discount?
2) Will it be better than some of the inferior goods they sell?

wsuffa said:
That's pretty cool. Two questions:

1) Will it be at a discount?
2) Will it be better than some of the inferior goods they sell?

And can I return it to the store I bought it from?

cool you get a life time membership to Sam's that makes it all worth it. The person that can afford it would not be shopping at Sam's

I'm with Chip. Whod've thunk Sam's Club would be promoting VLJs? Now if only they'd sell ol' prop driven Pipers/Cessnas/etc.....

harish said:
Who's on the bet that the guy who buys the plane doesn't know how to fly it and think it comes with a pilot?

edit:/
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=7822 -- Available online only. Who's on the bet that someone forgets their credit card has a limit?
Some American Express cards have no limit. There are stories where rich middle east oil shieks charged Rolls Royces and such.

Dean said:
Yes, and if it bounces the local PA will work out a payment plan with you to pay it off @ $100 a month.
PA? Payday Advance? :goofy: Talk about negative equity!

First glance at that photo with the bow I thought they had taxied it through the fence...

Frank Browne said:
A check?!?! Heck yeah, I can write a check!

What kinda check Frank....Rubber? :rofl:

Walmart is really big on Aviation. Every year I have gone to the Women In Aviation Convention they have always been there.

HPNFlyGirl said:
What kinda check Frank....Rubber? :rofl:

Of course! That was from a Jeff Foxworthy routine. Repo man comes to take his car away because he was 6 months behind in payments. Repo man sez "you can't write me a check". Foxworthy sez...."a check? Heck yeah! I can write ya a check! I thought you actually needed money."

HPNFlyGirl said:
Walmart is really big on Aviation. Every year I have gone to the Women In Aviation Convention they have always been there.

IIRC, Sam Walton owned a single.....

I think the son was killed flying an ultralight a/c. Sam owned a 182?
Q

Back