Time stamp on postings including edits

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Time now 0814 PST.

I just now (within one minute of time) edited a post. Time of edit is shown as 1004.

Original time of post is 0839.

Actual time of post was 0802.

Time of post following my post is 1040.

Following post was viewed by me just after I had posted at 0802.

Scrolling all the way to the bottom I see -4GMT.

Yet that time zone is not reflected in the time of my posts, the time of editing my posts, nor the time of posts by others.

It is as if there is a floating time which varies between specific time zones. It really is no concern for me except it does cause some confusion.

EDIT: time stamp on this post show 1124.

This edit shows time of 1128 which seems correct.

Delete confusing edit.

Add new edit. Time now 0835 PST.

EDIT 2: I came back to view edit. Time stamp shows correct minutes but in EST. No biggee, just checking. But other than this edit my concerns remain.

Last edited:
Now, with edit shown as 1129, the time of original post shows 1126.

It appears the time stamp of the original post advances with each edit. However, this time (in upper left corner) is different than time of edit as shown at bottom of text box.

The gist of it is sometime the hour is different, sometimes + 3, +4, occasionally +2. But more often the minutes do not align.

Something important inside my brain just popped... When am I?

Country, you have to pick your time zone. US West Coast is not GMT -4; shouldn't you be GMT-7? Sorry, substitute "UTC" if you're offended by "GMT," but don't complain about it. Nobody has a right to,not be offended, it's all about personal freedom.

Back