Time limit to issue medical?

W

Waiting

I had my medical exam on Wednesday 10/3, and there were a couple of CACI items that the AME wanted my internist to complete the worksheets for. That's done and back with the AME, but when I called his office, the receptionist said they would not be able to get his approval to issue the medical until this Wednesday 10/17.

I thought I had heard that if the AME does not issue a medical within 14 days of opening it in Medxpress, that it is automatically deferred, but I couldn't find a reference. Is that true? If so, does it count the first day? I'm kind of worried that if there are any issues I won't have time to fix.

I know how I could have avoided this, but feel free to offer suggestions on that if you must. A big one is that I could have gone back to the same AME as last time, who had my records for the "PRNC" stuff.

Thanks for the response. I share some blame, since I let my medical expire before going in to renew (plane was in annual). Weather's been sucky too, so it's mostly just inconvenient.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back