Time for a tour - where to?

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
Okay, the Wyoming time is done for awhile and lots of time off available. Maintenance time in Tulsa the last week of the month.

Other than the Tulsa, where should I go for flying time? I'll get IFR current so just avoid ice and the Frankenkota is ready to go...tell me where. Any good ideas for good food, drink, and etc. ?

Okay, the Wyoming time is done for awhile and lots of time off available. Maintenance time in Tulsa the last week of the month.

Other than the Tulsa, where should I go for flying time? I'll get IFR current so just avoid ice and the Frankenkota is ready to go...tell me where. Any good ideas for good food, drink, and etc. ?

Sedona used to be a nice warm place to defrost and relax for a bit. It's a good Frankenkota trip but not much for IFR.

Sedona used to be a nice warm place to defrost and relax for a bit. It's a good Frankenkota trip but not much for IFR.

Not a bad idea at all. Warm weather and nice flying.

I advise Port Aransas, Texas. Chill out in the warm gulf sun, stay and play with Mary and Jay. Side-trip to Corpus to see the USS Lexington.

I advise Port Aransas, Texas. Chill out in the warm gulf sun, stay and play with Mary and Jay. Side-trip to Corpus to see the USS Lexington.

I've seen plenty of Aran's ass port thank you...;):D

Did that trip a year and a half ago. Yup, it's nice Could use some beach time.

I've seen plenty of Aran's ass port thank you...;):D

Came ashore there a couple times after hitches in the gulf. Gotta agree with you on that point. Still, it's okay for an overnight.

Not a bad idea at all. Warm weather and nice flying.
, Yeah, just fly out the west side and do the nice scenic desert trip; great time of the year for it. Then you can rent a Ford Fiesta, take the full insurance and go follow the Pink Jeeps around. :rofl::rofl::rofl: My girlfriend, a CFI buddy and I flew out there from LGB and did that. The car actually held up really well (those trails aren't that bad a-ed) even though we did beat up the bottom and rocker panels some.

Check out some of the Colorado Pilots flyin destinations. And, of course, there's always Mary & Jay down on the beach.

Jay would happily put you to work doing drywall and tile right now... ;)

, Yeah, just fly out the west side and do the nice scenic desert trip; great time of the year for it. Then you can rent a Ford Fiesta, take the full insurance and go follow the Pink Jeeps around. :rofl::rofl::rofl: My girlfriend, a CFI buddy and I flew out there from LGB and did that. The car actually held up really well (those trails aren't that bad a-ed) even though we did beat up the bottom and rocker panels some.

That's good. Other than I don't rent Fiesta's, that's good.

Jay would happily put you to work doing drywall and tile right now... ;)

Ya'll don't want to see my drywall. I'm a hell of a rough-in carpenter though...

It's hard to describe when I realized I was finally free of the WY obligation. The CFO said wait until March for time off but he doesn't realize I've been in the barrel since August...yup, lot's of admin stuff to do but that can wait a bit.

A Ferrari FF would blast a$$ on those trails most likely...:D

I was thinking more along the lines of a Tahoe and both feet flat on the floor... show up and go along for the ride...

I was thinking more along the lines of a Tahoe and both feet flat on the floor... show up and go along for the ride...

If you're going for a ride, the Pink Jeeps give some nice tours, fun but not dangerous.

Ya'll don't want to see my drywall. I'm a hell of a rough-in carpenter though...

It's hard to describe when I realized I was finally free of the WY obligation. The CFO said wait until March for time off but he doesn't realize I've been in the barrel since August...yup, lot's of admin stuff to do but that can wait a bit.

Hey................. Quit pickin on Wyoming. It has warmed up to -7 this morning...:yesnod:;):).

Ben.

Wyoming is just too easy of a target not to pick on. The jobsite was 30 miles from the nearest village...and I think there are more healthy teeth in West Virginia than there are in Wyoming (just one man's opinion now, ya hear?)

Wyoming is just too easy of a target not to pick on. The jobsite was 30 miles from the nearest village...and I think there are more healthy teeth in West Virginia than there are in Wyoming (just one man's opinion now, ya hear?)

Bruce Willis has a ranch in Wyoming and has more teeth than all the residents of WV combined. I'd say come here for good food, but the wx truly does suck.

You, sir, just earned yourself a free room. :D

Actually, no roughing-in needed. How's your finish carpentry? I've got lots of crown molding to cut/install...

Back