Time Change Fun

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I'm reviewing the various weather products for a flight on Sunday.

Reviewing the Valid from times, I was going, "Okay, deduct 6hrs from Zulu for the local time"

Until the light bulb went off and I remembered the DST change. :thumbsup:

A reminder to the rest of you guys not to get caught with your mental pants around your ankles with regards to the time change...

UTC is outdated and cumbersome for GA. Even Flight Aware uses local times.

Well... yeah.... but when you're viewing the forecast products, youse gotta use what youse is offered.

I'm reviewing the various weather products for a flight on Sunday.

Reviewing the Valid from times, I was going, "Okay, deduct 6hrs from Zulu for the local time"

Until the light bulb went off and I remembered the DST change. :thumbsup:

A reminder to the rest of you guys not to get caught with your mental pants around your ankles with regards to the time change...

Non issue. My iDevices automatically adjust.

Personally, I wish they would just leave local time at PDT and don't f**k with it ever again.

Just got the latest on the news,changing the clocks is not good for your health. Ha s to do with your body clock.

and since when does it save daylight, it only shifts it one or the other!

Old Indian Chief said, "only white man cut off bottom of blanket, sew it to the top and claim he has a longer blanket" :rofl::rofl:

I think they should have left DST alone. I think early March is too early. It should have waited until at least the first day of spring IMHO.

And shut it off prior to the 30th of October.
No one should have to Trick or Treat, or go out on Doorbell Night when it is light out
Or go to school or stand at bus stops in the dark

Back