Time building

Hepburn

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pierre
Hi guys!

I am a low 60h PPL who would like to build around 70h this summer. I haven't yet decided on how/where to spend all this time but the idea of a coast-to-coast cross country is in my mind.

So far my eyes are on PlusOneFlyer in California which seems like a solid option a lot of people go for, but I am trying to find other options (pretty much open to everything).

I was hoping to get suggestions from PoA's pilots, tips or feedbacks and maybe opportunities.

I am also looking for a partner to share this adventure!

Thanks a lot for your help,
Pierre

Come to MN for a week or two. I have a student looking to build time and has her own C-150. Could get some hours for some gas and oil. We could couple it with some instrument training, which is what she's going for starting mid-June.

I got about 40 hours doing KBAZ-KPRC-3M0-KPRC KCRQ-KBAZ last summer. Doing coast to coast to coast should get you about 70. (I was flying a 172 FWIW)

Get a tailwheel endorsement, then buy a lower end Chief or a Taylorcraft - burns 4 gph, cruise 90-95 mph. Pack a tent in the baggage compartment. Go places for about 20+ mpg depending on the headwinds. Who cares how fast you go since you want to build time... Spend < $30/hr on fuel and resell the aircraft when you are done.

Ryan

LDJones, I will let you know what I decide asap.
Ryan, got my PMs! Thanks again.
David, nice trip!

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Back