Time Building Western MA

itsjames2011

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
James
Hey everybody,

My name is James and I'm currently working on time building for my commercial. Was curious if anyone in the area between Worcester and Springfield is in need of a safety pilot, could use a second pilot for long cross country flights, or has an airplane that does not fly as much as it should. I'd would love to pick up some safety/XC hours or make an arrangement for a decent rate on an airplane that just needs the motor running more often.

James

I visit the area often and I will keep you in mind when I do some flying up your way.

You might want to put a little more info in your bio. What airport do you fly out of?

I was guessing he was flying out of Northampton. Dunno though.

The smart move would be to find a glider club and get some hours that route.

The smart move would be to find a glider club and get some hours that route.
There is/was a club in N. Adams, airport has a good ridge right next to it. Dunno know how consistent that ridge works. Might be easy cheap hours by the bucket or a once in awhile fun thing.

I was guessing he was flying out of Northampton. Dunno though.
That is correct, I am based out of 7B2. In other news I did find a club based at my field with a 1967 172H and my membership should be finalized at the beginning of the week. It's a VFR only airplane but it's going to reduce my cost per flight hour by a good bit which is exactly what I need. However I'd love to get our and do a couple of lengthy XC's. ;)

And so it began. I got the keys to the club 172 yesterday. Extremely economical tach hours and great availability. I think I will be able to finish off my commercial within the year! :cool:

No its 1967 172H that's not IFR certified. I'm going to need to do some rental time in the Arrow for the complex rating.

Is the club at 7b2? I will be in town the last week of this month for work. Im gonna fly a fair amount that week in the arrow so if you wanna meet up let me know

Is the club at 7b2? I will be in town the last week of this month for work. Im gonna fly a fair amount that week in the arrow so if you wanna meet up let me know
I most certainly do. Shooting you a PM with my contact info.

Back