Time building in Dallas area

KF5OVP

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Eric
I am a ASEL private pilot finishing up my instrument rating. Afterwards, I still need to build about 140 hours of flight time. Looking to split it 50-50 ($57/hr,wet.) The airplane will be a PiperSport Light sport aircraft based at Addison Airport. Very fun and sturdy little bird. Looking to fly about 2-4 hrs per week. We can do safety pilot, or just plan vfr trips.

Serious inquiries only, please.
Thanks

Eric

Eric,

How can you safety pilot in a VFR airplane? My understanding is that to log time as a safety pilot the flight has to be conducted under IFR flight rules. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you fly VFR (which you would have to in the piper sport) two people can't log the time unless the right seater is a CFI?

Please educate me on the options if I'm incorrect.

Thanks,
Bill D.

Eric,

How can you safety pilot in a VFR airplane? My understanding is that to log time as a safety pilot the flight has to be conducted under IFR flight rules. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you fly VFR (which you would have to in the piper sport) two people can't log the time unless the right seater is a CFI?

Please educate me on the options if I'm incorrect.

Thanks,
Bill D.

No, your confusing the difference between IFR and IMC. A safety pilot is just there to look outside while the second pilot is under the hood.

No, your confusing the difference between IFR and IMC. A safety pilot is just there to look outside while the second pilot is under the hood.

Boring!!:wink2:

After more reading this appears to be a very contentious subject. I'm bowing out before I say something else incorrect.

Bill D.

Back