Time building in a Mooney

KaiGywer

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KaiGywer
Flying a Mooney M20E from Bismarck, ND to near Gainesville, FL next week. Possibly looking for another pilot who wants to build time (safety pilot) and split the gas cost. The guy who is supposed to go might not be able to. Flexible on the dates, let me know.

After the annual is done, I'll be picking it back up and make the trip in reverse.

Long way to go for an annual. I’d volunteer, but not yet retired.

Long way to go for an annual. I’d volunteer, but not yet retired.
Yeah, it's my friend's plane and I am just flying it for him while he's out of the country for work so it doesn't sit around. Reasonable dry rate for me and he doesn't need to worry about the plane rotting away. Unfortunately the plane is based in Florida and I live in North Dakota.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's my friend's plane and I am just flying it for him while he's out of the country for work so it doesn't sit around. Reasonable dry rate for me and he doesn't need to worry about the plane rotting away. Unfortunately the plane is based in Florida and I live in North Dakota.
I’m not seeing what’s so unfortunate about that. Nothing wrong with a few Long cross country flights. Sounds like a sweet deal for both of you.

I’m not seeing what’s so unfortunate about that. Nothing wrong with a few Long cross country flights. Sounds like a sweet deal for both of you.
Oh absolutely. It's a great trip, I just responded to the long ways for an annual comment. He suggested to maybe do the annual in ND, but I told him he'd probably be better off using the same shop as last year to avoid having them research ADs over again and dig through logs etc. And for sure it's a sweet deal for us both.

Back