Tim Tebow

We gave the losing coach and the losing QB back to the Pats. Totally awesome. He'll enjoy hanging out with Hoodie Jr.

We gave the losing coach and the losing QB back to the Pats. Totally awesome. He'll enjoy hanging out with Hoodie Jr.

Lots of people seem to have issues with Tebow for some reason but "Losing" is not remotely accurate....the point is....somehow.....he wins!

We must have watched different games.

Lots of people seem to have issues with Tebow for some reason but "Losing" is not remotely accurate....the point is....somehow.....he wins!

Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and JaMarcus Russell all had the tools and the freaking experts were all dead wrong.

Tebow is Rudy...accept it.

He gets lucky. He can't see a darn thing that's going on downfield, and he may never, unless someone pounds it into him. And that'll happen in the NFL.

If his intended receiver was covered and there was someone wide open more than five yards away, he never saw them. You won't survive in the NFL like that.

Devil's advocate moment: How many Tebow fans/defenders would be as pro-Tebow were he not a devout Christian? What if he were a devout Muslim? Would he still be seen as a Great QB that was stuck on with a bad team?
Personally, I think he's probably a great guy and I hope he lives his dream as an NFL QB, I don't see it happening, but I love to see people live their dreams.
The NFL is pretty much color-blind, the folks in charge care about winning, winning and winning in that order, if you fit their team's profile, physically, emotionally and financially, they'll offer you a job. These GM's don't care who or what you pray to, just what can you do on Sunday. New England thinks Tebow can help their team and they signed him, the other teams didn't. New England doesn't have a history of making stupid personel decisions, so they have a plan. :D

I loved watching Tebow, when he played at Florida and tried to see his games, once he took over in Denver out of loyalty. Once the idiot regime started attacking him because of their anti religion bigotry, I made it a point to support his play.

Tebow's biggest problem is that he's got no quit in him and popular culture loves that and the "experts" hate that. This kids been told he wasn't good enough since he was a freshman in college and he won't accept it. Add to that the pro-life commercials. And the prayers. And the pledge of abstinence. And the missionary work. And the squeaky clean image. He's easy to hate. No kids out of wedlock. No tattoos. No DUIs. No arrests. Okay, so his mechanics aren't the best. He's certainly not the worst I've seen behind center and I thought he got the job done to a degree in Denver. This is a great opportunity for him. He's going to get to learn from the best pocket passer to play since Marino...he could do worst. The real question is, what will New England get from him? Will he replace Gronk short term, maybe?

Well stated. I'll never understand the hatred for Tebow. It goes way beyond any perceived lack of skills. The guy has heart. I'm glad he hooked up with the Pats.

Would you mind taking Jay Cutler back? Please? I hate that guy - sometimes he really doesn't give a ****.

Would you mind taking Jay Cutler back? Please? I hate that guy - sometimes he really doesn't give a ****.

Not in a million years. While most folks focus on Tebow's personal life, and that's fine, I like the guy too... he wasn't ready to be an NFL QB and now probably won't ever be one.

Cutler was but couldn't get over his whiny self.

I think the only guy who whines more than Cutler is Rivers.

If someone could inject Cutler with some of Tebow's "I never give up" attitude, that'd be one hell of an NFL QB.

With apologies to Tebow for saying "hell". :)

Well, the Patriots were so interested in learning the Jets play signals that they actually hired a video camera operator to help steal them.

And the St. Louis Rams.

I just saw that Tebow agreed to work for minimum veteran's wage of about a half million a year. I think that New England should be able to figure out how to get their money's worth from Tebow.

I wonder how long before Tebow is audited, now that he's come out as a Patriot.

I wonder how long before Tebow is audited, now that he's come out as a Patriot.

A Christian Patriot. All he needs to do now is join the Tea Party.

I really enjoyed watching him play. It was like watching Happy Gilmore. He didn't appear to have the "proper" skills, yet managed to pull it off.

No one would confuse him with Johnny Unitas. He looks like some Greek Olympian in what I consider one of the greatest sports action photos ever taken.

Attachments

• Unitas.jpg
    Unitas.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
A Christian Patriot. All he needs to do now is join the Tea Party.

I really enjoyed watching him play. It was like watching Happy Gilmore. He didn't appear to have the "proper" skills, yet managed to pull it off.

No one would confuse him with Johnny Unitas.

All the "experts" wrote him off as a freshman at Florida and all he did was win and win and win,in a very tough conference.

He goes to Denver and once they pull their heads out Of their orifice, he starts and wins seven in a row, as a rookie and that's not good enough?

Last edited:
Sure don't call this winning...Rammer Jammer aside he's a good guy with some real talent..I've never thought he wasn't a,QB..I think Elways uber stupid ego,couldn't handle him in Denver..and that is the deal with that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Tebow is like Phil Neikro, back in the day. His "fastball" was so slow you could outrun it but all he did was win. He never really got any respect because he didn't have a sexy curve, or blazing fastball, but he won over and over again, just the same.

I would so rather have a guy that REFUSES to lose, than I would a pretty boy with a "golden" arm and 10 cent head.

Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and JaMarcus Russell all had the tools and the freaking experts were all dead wrong.

PRECISELY.

Back