Tim Tebow

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Patriot's to sign Tim Tebow as a quarterback.

I might become a Patriot's fan this year. :)

Help us out here. Waterboy, tackling dummy, mascot??

Well, the Patriots were so interested in learning the Jets play signals that they actually hired a video camera operator to help steal them.

Just think how much easier it will be to learn them by hiring Tebow, instead. He might not play quarterback any better than the video camera operator, but he probably knows the Jets playbook better.

Well, I have been upset with the Denver Broncos ever since they let Tebow go. Finally they had a player who was willing to win at any cost, only to be traded for a quarterback who is on the downhill of his career.

At least they should have had Manning train and mold Tebow. I hope he does well. :)

All Tebow knows is how to work and win, and that's what the Pats look for in players

I don't understand the hoopla over tebow. He isn't the first devoted christian to play, the first white guy either.... he isn't good and is an OK backup bench qb. The news creates too much pressure for this guy.

He inspired the team and was willing to go "all out" for a win. Before, Denver was a bore to watch.

I rather watch someone with less ability but a desire to win anytime.

He was willing to go all out, but maybe "God" isn't a Broncos fan, since it didn't work out too well for them.

Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you win at everything. God may or may not be a Bronco fan and may not even watch football. Who cares?

Tebow tried his best and higher ups treated him wrong.(my opinion)

I think he's a decent quarterback, with all that is right and wrong with the NFL, the teams are truly mercenary. They don't care if you worship God, Budda, Allah or Daffy Friggin Duck, if you can play the position better than the next available guy, they sign you, if you can't, they pass. The Patriots are taking a small chance with Tebow, I'm sure it's a minimal contract, and they see some place for him in their scheme. He's not going to be in contention for Brady's job.:no: But as long as he's not a distraction they will keep him, if he holds a press conference or two, he'll be on the street.:nono:
I don't have a problem with the guy, I don't think he's going to be a great NFL quarterback, but heck my team, the Falcons cut Favre.:mad2:

Jimmie Johnson summed Tebow up when he was a sophomore or junior in college. He said the big wind-up took too long and that his accuracy wasn't sharp enough for the NFL. He was right.

Nothing better than watching him cry in the Georgia dome when Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide made him bend over and squeal like a pig...:goofy:

Tebow's biggest problem is that he's got no quit in him and popular culture loves that and the "experts" hate that. This kids been told he wasn't good enough since he was a freshman in college and he won't accept it. Add to that the pro-life commercials. And the prayers. And the pledge of abstinence. And the missionary work. And the squeaky clean image. He's easy to hate. No kids out of wedlock. No tattoos. No DUIs. No arrests. Okay, so his mechanics aren't the best. He's certainly not the worst I've seen behind center and I thought he got the job done to a degree in Denver. This is a great opportunity for him. He's going to get to learn from the best pocket passer to play since Marino...he could do worst. The real question is, what will New England get from him? Will he replace Gronk short term, maybe?

It is interesting that Tebow's teammate Percy Harvin is enjoying far more success in the NFL.

I admire Tebow and hope that somehow he can figure out a way to help the Patriots win. I wish the Dolphins or the Jaguars were inclined to work with Tebow but I am glad that Tim has something to do today in the NFL.

Which is a very strange assessment. I believe he left Denver with a winning record. ???

Everybody says he is not a good quarterback for this reason or that reason. Denver didn't stand a chance for the playoffs until Tebow started playing.

I, personally, like the man and enjoy watching him play. For someone not to be good and doesn't play we'll in the NFL, he sure does win a lot more than the quarterback before him at Denver.

QB's job is to move the chains during the game so the late-game heroics aren't necessary. The wins weren't pretty and the front office knew he wasn't the future. You may recall that the guy who makes those calls at Denver played a few downs at QB back in the day.
Which is a very strange assessment. I believe he left Denver with a winning record. ???

Great presser today. Belichick's giving you NOTHING in a press conference...ever. I'm not a Patriots fan, but I love that about the guy.

Tebow is like Phil Neikro, back in the day. His "fastball" was so slow you could outrun it but all he did was win. He never really got any respect because he didn't have a sexy curve, or blazing fastball, but he won over and over again, just the same.

I would so rather have a guy that REFUSES to lose, than I would a pretty boy with a "golden" arm and 10 cent head.

Devil's advocate moment: How many Tebow fans/defenders would be as pro-Tebow were he not a devout Christian? What if he were a devout Muslim? Would he still be seen as a Great QB that was stuck on with a bad team?
Personally, I think he's probably a great guy and I hope he lives his dream as an NFL QB, I don't see it happening, but I love to see people live their dreams.
The NFL is pretty much color-blind, the folks in charge care about winning, winning and winning in that order, if you fit their team's profile, physically, emotionally and financially, they'll offer you a job. These GM's don't care who or what you pray to, just what can you do on Sunday. New England thinks Tebow can help their team and they signed him, the other teams didn't. New England doesn't have a history of making stupid personel decisions, so they have a plan. :D

Sure I like him because he is a Christian. The guy is just a nice guy. Denver kept playing the same old plays, wouldn't take any risks, and continued to lose games.

Along comes Tebow, adds some enthusiasm to the team, restores confidence, and the team starts winning. So what do they do? In a sudden move, bring Manning in and push Tebow out. Denver looks good and Peyton Manning is a good quarterback.

Denver starts slow, finishes great, and then chokes in the playoff and the Denver Broncos repeat their same old plan.

Tebow, like him or hate him, he is willing to stay in the game and play to win. This is the kind of player Denver could have used.

In my opinion, the NFL has gotten away from team players and instead elected for the superstars and primadonnas. The day of Bradshaw/Swann, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders have all been replaced with single star athletes. It seemed to start with Joe Namath as he went from team to team, passing on every play, trying to win using one man.

It seems all of the others quickly followed suit and the era of individual superstars was born. It takes talent to rally a team and to get them to perform as one unit. Tebow, in my opinion, has that and that is what I like about him and one of the main reasons I have lost a lot of interest in the NFL teams.

Two similar situations that come to mind are Paul Hornung and Tim Crouch. Both were pretty good college QB's, neither played much at that position in the NFL. One found another spot in the backfield, one didn't.

He inspired the team and was willing to go "all out" for a win. Before, Denver was a bore to watch.

I rather watch someone with less ability but a desire to win anytime.

I bet you one thing...fans in Denver weren't bored watching a talented QB play this year.

I bet you one thing...fans in Denver weren't bored watching a talented QB play this year.

While I wasn't bored, I was not satisfied. Winning, by screwing over other players, is pretty low in my book.

Did I watch Denver? Sure but I am not a fan of Elway or Manning.

I am sure Elway saw a way he might win a Super Bowl. Ta-Da for Elway but he is not a hero I care to root for.

While I wasn't bored, I was not satisfied. Winning, by screwing over other players, is pretty low in my book.

I am sure Elway saw a way he might win a Super Bowl. Ta-Da for Elway but he is not a hero I care to root for.

I don't care much for what I have seen and read about Elway, but I had dinner one night with Manning and he was a real down to earth nice guy. His family hunts with a buddy of mine in Mississippi.
NFL QB is a tough job, probably 15 really good ones in the league, out of 30 million or so guys in the 22-35 year old age group, that's pretty specialized group. :D

What's the goal of the GM? Perfect season W/L or perfect record Sunday School attendance?

The current mantra that permeates the country, from the left is all about bigotry against religious people. Tebow has been attacked by some of the most idiotic "commentators," whining about him like praying is going to somehow, put the country at risk.

New England's coach almost always finds ways to win while most of the other teams find more ways to lose.

I look for him to flourish there.

What's the goal of the GM? Perfect season W/L or perfect record Sunday School attendance?

Wayne, I agree and understand. Just don't like it. I was night manager for a bus plant and literally managed over 600 people a shift.

I could have been the "day" plant manager if I yelled and screamed and cussed. My work and quota was met but my boss thought I wasn't aggressive enough.

And one of my good friends owns an NFL team. He attends church regularly, except on game days, but his season-ticket holders don't use that measuring-stick when they renew for next season.

Wayne, I agree and understand. Just don't like it. I was night manager for a bus plant and literally managed over 600 people a shift.

I could have been the "day" plant manager if I yelled and screamed and cussed. My work and quota was met but my boss thought I wasn't aggressive enough.

I just saw that Tebow agreed to work for minimum veteran's wage of about a half million a year. I think that New England should be able to figure out how to get their money's worth from Tebow.

Brady is getting Old, he is a has been and a waste of money. Hasn’t won a super bowl since 2005 and only took them there twice since but could not produce. I saw commentators one game comparing Tebow to Brady and they basically said they threw the same, same form, same mechanics. Tebow just needs to mature, I don’t care one way or the other but in my opinion get rid of Brady! Im tired of hearing about him!

Go COWBOYS!!!!!!!

Back